Axle sizes

• Discuss Axle sizes in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, i've been looking at the w.t.p 4 seasons and i have noticed that the front axle is 10m and the rear is 14m?? Why is this? does it improve the... ...
B

Bmx-boy

Axle sizes post #1
Hi, i've been looking at the w.t.p 4 seasons and i have noticed that the front axle is 10m and the rear is 14m?? Why is this? does it improve the balance? or wat? Thanks Nick

F

FT rider

Axle sizes post #2
basically 14mm axles are stronger than 10mm but they are much heavier, so there is a 14mm where you need strength at the back because the back generally takes more punishment, and a 10mm in the front because it does not need to be as strong so why not make it lighter?

minorthreat

minorthreat

Axle sizes post #3
Cheaped Out...

We The People Rim Set Cheaped Out By Placing 10 mm In Front And 14 mm In Back. I Have Been Riding My Set For 4 Years Now, And Im Not Gonna Lie...The Front Is Bent. It Will Hold Up Just As Well As A 14 mm But When It Comes To Replacing The Axle Thats A Different Story. 10mm Axles Are Sometimes Hard To Buy Depending On How Good Your Local Bike Shop Is. As For The Balance Question...A Few Grams Isnt Gonna Effect It. Your Balance Actually Comes From Frame Geometry And Rear End...As Well As Forks And Bars...

Minor Threat...simpleisbetter.

H

hoover

Axle sizes post #4
14mm all the way

14 is just better, in my opinion, you don't save that much weight in shedding a few mm. If your determined to save weight, find hollow 14s

New Topics