aw. :(

• Discuss aw. :( in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; alrighty then. i have a removable gyro tab stuck to my frame because the bolt stripped out. will this be a good solution... ...

will it work?

• yes, sir!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
B

band aid

aw. :( post #1
alrighty then.

i have a removable gyro tab stuck to my frame because the bolt stripped out. will this be a good solution:

so if i cut that little piece off i would be able to slide it out because it is just like a pin that goes in that hole to keep the tab from rotating.

so then if i removed it i could put vice grips on the left over piece and unscrew it? because there is no anti-rotating pin?

will it work?

need help fast please?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MATRIX

aw. :( post #2
BAD IDEA

Just run to a hardware store and buy a crew remover bit for a drill. I got a full set of 10 sizes for 20$...a single is like 2$. Stick it in the drill and reverse the drill. It will grab the bolt head and pull it out like it wasn't stripped.

If you plan to use tabs ever, i'd take the bolt up later and fins some that are close matches and buy them. They will set you back maybe 15cents.

B

band aid

aw. :( post #3
do you have one that small?

P

Pij17

aw. :( post #4
u could drill it out, but matrix's idea is better lol.

B

Biking2112

aw. :( post #5
or take really strong glue, put something in there that's strong and that you wont want to use anymore, glue it into the hole, wait for the glue to dry and then screw out the strong thing that you don't want to use anymore.

B

band aid

aw. :( post #6
i tried that [with super glue] and it didn't work. i think i'll just get a "crew remover bit for a drill"

S

sm1thson

aw. :( post #7
hmm, i did tell you that 3 days ago ((link). i take it you didnt have any torx (star) bits as i also recommended (twice)

F

flybikesDale

aw. :( post #8
drill it that wolud be the best idea but just drill the head of the bolt take it off then un screw the little bit which is left in the frame cut a little slot in it then use a screwdriver 2 unscrew it.

B

band aid

aw. :( post #9
so your all 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% SURE IT ABSolutely couldn't work???

well it did.

New Topics