arm length

• Discuss arm length in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi im' pretty new to this board. I wana know whats good about longer crank arm and bad about it, and good about shorter crank arm and bad about it... ...
  • Tags 180 bike gt
T

taptash

arm length post #1
Hi im' pretty new to this board.
I wana know whats good about longer crank arm and bad about it, and good about shorter crank arm and bad about it.
I'm thinkin about buying Torker crank set caz
its tubular and pretty light for its price. (im buying it for about $60).
Then i have to choose the crank arm size, im using 175mm now and have no problem with it.

F

federal_rider12

arm length post #2
then dont change. you really dont want to run below 175 and no higher then 180. the higher and lower sizes were mainly made for racers, and unless your super small then you dont need to go below 175(pedaling below that starts to shorten and go too quick so cranking power is lost) and if your not super tall you dont need to go higher then 180mm(pedaling starts to get slower but you can crank easier). so stick with 175 or only go up to 180

T

Trimix

arm length post #3
Torker. Have not heard THAT name in a while. I use to have a Torker frame, had two small top tubes on it.....really old school.

I am 6 feet tall, and run 180mm cranks, shorter riders might run 175's. Depends on not only height, but what you want.

T

taptash

arm length post #4
wow

thanks for the super kind replies ppl.
I think I'm neither too tall or short so I'd just
decide on the cheaper one. I will have to leave the U.S in a year and a half and pretty much assume that I won't be able to bring the bike back to my country, I don't wana spend $150 or so on something I will have to get rid of, but I still want the crank set to be light, and not too weak (doesnt need to be tat strong bcaz I wont ride it too hard, just real street, practicing sucky stuffs). so maybe i will go for torker.
The reason for why i asked about the crank arm, is becaz there is black crank arm in 180mm and chrome in 175mm, and my bike is black so... u know.
but i found the mosh crank set which weighs as much as profile crank set does for around $70. so now I'm lost again hehe.
Ill see how it goes, thanks and ill come by later for sure!

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

arm length post #5
im running a 175 mm 3pc

O

oibmxpunx

arm length post #6
im 5'10 i use 180mm for more tork becuz i race longer crank arm u get more tork from

F

FOL

arm length post #7
moved -> product/technique section :)

T

taptash

arm length post #8
oibmxpunx said:
im 5'10 i use 180mm for more tork becuz i race longer crank arm u get more tork from
well i can tell it makes sense because i'm taking physics now. :p

O

oibmxpunx

arm length post #9
im going to get some 185mm armswhen raceing seson starts

F

federal_rider12

arm length post #10
yeah thats one reason why im riding 180mm but also its to lower my seat since i sometimes dont have them horizontal when pinching the seat with my knees

I

infantry43RIDER

arm length post #11
i ride 175mm...and i still am proud that i don't know why.

T

taptash

arm length post #12
I decided on priomo powerbite 180mm, i'm 5.84 though.
:) my bike will be ready to go tomorrow, i left it to bike shop. costed me about $170.. and bought
mosh pedals as well, costing me only $16 hehe.

New Topics