Anyone use Wii Fit for training?

• Discuss Anyone use Wii Fit for training? in the Health and Safety forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Anyone use Wii Fit for training? If so, what's your workout like? What exercises do you use? I was just curious if anyone did. My in-laws have it... ...
H

HanSoloBMX

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #1
Anyone use Wii Fit for training? If so, what's your workout like? What exercises do you use?

I was just curious if anyone did. My in-laws have it and thought it might be helpful as an addition to getting back in to shape for next season.

P

PUNKROCKER914

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #2
I really doubt it would be that good for getting into shape, it's a video game.

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #3
actually, i rehab'd my shoulder pretty well using the wii
wennis (wii tennis) all day, baby!

glover

glover

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #4
i brought it 2 days ago. :D

H

HanSoloBMX

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #5
I really doubt it would be that good for getting into shape, it's a video game.
Well, you'd be surprised how well it works. At least for me, it's been helping with my balance and I have notice a slight improvement in my energy and endurance. Granted that's probably because I'm finally getting exercise and moving more. I just need to get a better workout plan to focus on my legs and back. The yoga, strength training and aerobic stuff seem to be the most effective, and the balance part is not as effective. With a change in diet and using Wii Fit over the last few months, I lost about 10lbs. as well. But I need to safely speed up the weight loss to lose another 60 by April.

AustinK

AustinK

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #6
It might just be me but i feel that it is ridiculous that nintendo is making a work out game. Why pay for a stupid game that just tells you to do push ups and other exercises.

If you want to train or lose weight take the bull by the horns and do some real exercises.

dannytupac

dannytupac

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #7
Well, you'd be surprised how well it works. At least for me, it's been helping with my balance and I have notice a slight improvement in my energy and endurance. Granted that's probably because I'm finally getting exercise and moving more. I just need to get a better workout plan to focus on my legs and back. The yoga, strength training and aerobic stuff seem to be the most effective, and the balance part is not as effective. With a change in diet and using Wii Fit over the last few months, I lost about 10lbs. as well. But I need to safely speed up the weight loss to lose another 60 by April.
jesus! how overweight are you, O_O

H

HanSoloBMX

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #8
If going by charts from the Dr. and other medical professionals for my age and height and all that, 32 & 5'9", I'm still 60lbs. overweight. So getting to 150-160 is where I need to be, but I'd be happy at 180-200lbs. I've spent the last 10 years drinking too much beer and eating too much fast food lol, and I don't want to be like my dad was last spring laid up in the hospital with heart problems because he didn't take care of himself.

M

Marcus Poopy

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #9
If going by charts from the Dr. and other medical professionals for my age and height and all that, 32 & 5'9", I'm still 60lbs. overweight. So getting to 150-160 is where I need to be, but I'd be happy at 180-200lbs. I've spent the last 10 years drinking too much beer and eating too much fast food lol, and I don't want to be like my dad was last spring laid up in the hospital with heart problems because he didn't take care of himself.
honestly, i could not imagine being overweight:hmm: my dad is the same as me, we both eat as much of whatever we want, whenever we want. never gain weigh(maybe like 2 lbs here and there) but it all evens itself out after a bit. im 6' on the dot and about 165...and i couldnt possibly imagine being 200lbs with like 35lbs of fat hanging off me:eek:

EDIT: for the last year my main diet was basiclly 2-3 cans of rockstar a day. and mcdonalds very often. i gained 10lbs in the last year:p although i am still growing so thats where the weight came from. and i excersize every day, so thats probably why i dont gain that much weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Karl H. Marx

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #10
honestly, i could not imagine being overweight:hmm: my dad is the same as me, we both eat as much of whatever we want, whenever we want. never gain weigh(maybe like 2 lbs here and there) but it all evens itself out after a bit. im 6' on the dot and about 165...and i couldnt possibly imagine being 200lbs with like 35lbs of fat hanging off me:eek:

EDIT: for the last year my main diet was basiclly 2-3 cans of rockstar a day. and mcdonalds very often. i gained 10lbs in the last year:p although i am still growing so thats where the weight came from. and i excersize every day, so thats probably why i dont gain that much weight.
High metabolism. Lucky :p

M

MATRIX

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #11
High metabolism. Lucky :p
No, bad cardio to intake of food ratio. Cut the exercise to 4-5 days a week, and up your calories by 500 a day. You WILL gain size(muscle).

M

Marcus Poopy

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #12
No, bad cardio to intake of food ratio. Cut the exercise to 4-5 days a week, and up your calories by 500 a day. You WILL gain size(muscle).
i have no problem gaining muscle:p my problem(not really that much of a problem if you ask me) is gaining fat. i dont really want alot of fat hanging off me though, so high metabolisms ftw!!!

T

TrevorH

Anyone use Wii Fit for training? post #13
what is you bfi^?

New Topics