anyone run an hazard lite cassette?

• Discuss anyone run an hazard lite cassette? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm bored, it's been raining all weekend so I might type for a while. If you're ADD then just reply yea or nay, if you're as bored as I am then read... ...
  • Tags bike bmx cranks mailorder shop
B

bruisedbob

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #1
I'm bored, it's been raining all weekend so I might type for a while. If you're ADD then just reply yea or nay, if you're as bored as I am then read along.
Thursday night there was no rain and I got to ride for a few hours. Just some light street since my Haro piece of s....umm one piece cranks are steadily deteriorating. After only 5 months, two of which I just rode to get used to riding a BMX again. Those other three were sporadic sessions in between work and rain/snow/ice. Near the end of my ride I decided to give this little jump to tail tap another try. It's just a little median type curb in a parking lot that has a large rock in the middle. My weight was a little too forward and my brakes suck, End result was a bent sprocket, which I bent back and now have a nice flat spot. Haro rules.
Now my wish list includes a new sprocket and cranks. Oh yeah, and pedals. Gotta have those.
Saturday, I rode a guy's bike at the bike shop and he had some crazy expensive profile cassette. Or was it something else? Anyway, he races and said it was 500 bucks. Needless to say freewheels will never truly satisfy me again. So a cassette hub made the list.

HAZARD LITE CASSETTE stuff

I read up on them and seems like the new ones have been better designed. Less skipping, stronger axles, and what not. I want to run a 36t sprocket and with freewheel I would need a new hub to go with the new 13t Ody. So tell me why I shouldn't just fork over the extra cash for the casseette. And does anyone know the warranty it;s not on the site.

C

cav89

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #2
yer, i was lookin at getting a lite, they are pretty cheap and look durable, my shop also just reduced em 20 bucks!!! as to the warranty, im not sure, but i think it may be lifetime?? not sure of this........but you probably wouldnt need it, those b!tches look strong........www.bmx-test.com should have some reviews on them, they do have a tip on fixing the "skipping" problem........

hope this helped, probably not, but anyways.....

B

bruisedbob

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #3
Thanks where's your shop and do they mail order?

C

cav89

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #4
Hahaha, yer they mailorder, but i live in australia......lol

Albes.com have it in 36h or 48h in red, blue and black, or danscomp have it in red 36h, or black 36h or 48h.

Both stores have them for $84.95USD and they come with 12, 13, 14 and 16t cogs.

sorry bout that confusion, hope that info helps.

cav

RuLe

RuLe

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #5
if anyone nos the answer.

what hubs is louder

odyssey cassette

profile ss cassette

B

bruisedbob

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #6
yer they mailorder, but i live in australia......lol
Ha thought I had a deal going. Rule, I think the profile is louder but I am hoping to be able to run the hazard pretty quiet. I likes to creep.

X

XIII

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #7
RuLe said:
if anyone nos the answer.

what hubs is louder

odyssey cassette

profile ss cassette
i havent heard the Profile, but hte Odyssey is pretty loud and sounds really nice... hehe... nad is pretty :D

T

Todd

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #8
The profile is way too expensive and only lasts one or two seasons before deterriorating. Go with the hazzard lite, Odyssey is a lot more dependable, and it will save you m,oney in the long run.

RuLe

RuLe

anyone run an hazard lite cassette? post #9
im already gonna go and buy the custom wheels off albes.com the profile cassette hubs

it starts would for 299.95 for front and back complete wheel sets with profile hubs but you get to pick the spoke color and front and back rims. i was gonna get...

Silver Hubs

36h front profile hub laced with black spokes to a black SUN bfr rim

48 right side side profile ss cassette 13t laced with black spokes to a Odyssey Hazard Lite in chrome

with all that it comes out to 354.95 but dont plan on seeing pictures of it in like a month from now

yea profile hubs are more expensive but how are you gonan say odyssey is better then profile? LOL primo cassette is even better then odyssey cassette and then profile is better then primo

New Topics