Anyone run an FMF frame?

• Discuss Anyone run an FMF frame? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I was looking around on eBay and came across a shop selling FMF frames for $89.95 and wondered if they are any good/better than good? Just kind of... ...
M

Morty76

Anyone run an FMF frame? post #1
I was looking around on eBay and came across a shop selling FMF frames for $89.95 and wondered if they are any good/better than good? Just kind of curious. Might be the way for me to sneak a good bike by my old lady one piece at a time. Smaller purchases don't piss her off the same way one big purchase does. She freaked when my dk eight pack showed up at the house.

Maybe this would be a bad deal to run on the street though...

http://pictures.kyozou.com/pictures/_7/6186/6185504.jpg

Brand New 2008 FMF Factory Pro Triple-Butted 4130 Chromoly Pro Frame.
Hand-built triple-butted 4130 chromoly Steel. CNC-machined head tube, Euro bottom bracket, dropouts and cantilever mounts. Welded downtube gusset for strength. Color: Team Blue. MSRP: $199.99.

FEATURES

Size: Pro
Lightweight design for aggressive racers
Special triple-butted 100% 4130 chromoly frame tubes
Reinforced head tube gusset
Ovalized, oversized downtube
CNC-machined head tube and Euro bottom bracket
Laser-cut FMF logo in seatstay bridge and dropouts
Cold-forged and CNC-machined rear dropouts
Powder-coated finish in Team Blue

Last edited:
Stephen G

Stephen G

Anyone run an FMF frame? post #2
You know that it's a race frame, right?

You probably want something more freestyle oriented I assume.

Race frames have totally the wrong geo for freestyle, not to mention they're nothing like as strong.
Also, before you buy a frame, evaluate whether you really need one, or just want one?
I ran my stock frame (waaaaay too small) for ages and ages before I got an aftermarket one, I'm still running that same aftermarket one now, actually, after a year and a half or so.
When you buy a frame, make sure it's what you really/I] want, frames aren't cheap, hell, you could probably buy two completes for the price of some frames these days.

M

Morty76

Anyone run an FMF frame? post #3
Thanks for the information, I read that it was a race frame after the fact.

Do I need it? nope. I was just dreaming, thinking about having something to tinker with after work. And after looking at the price of components piecing a bike together is more expensive than I thought.

If I want a project I think I'll look for an 80's ride to play with. I think I'll see if my buddy still has his old Zeronine.

New Topics