Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air?

• Discuss Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; so i bought an integral bel air last week i think its the 07 possible the 08 but either way i havent been able to find any information about it. i... ...
sheldon85

sheldon85

Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air? post #1
so i bought an integral bel air last week i think its the 07 possible the 08 but either way i havent been able to find any information about it. i would like to know the ball bearing height, chain stay length and top tube length.
no im not lazy i have searched the internet for days and no luck. and i would measure it myself but i don have anything but qa ruler and thats not very accurate.

thanks guys

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air? post #2
email the guys at Primo, Intergral is somehow related to Primo.

i have the Intgral Expo and i am pretty sure it's a 20.5"TT, 74.5*ST, 14.25" chain stay. not sure of the BB height. very traditional geometry but it's a solid bike. it weighs just under 6 pounds. it's a solid, simple bike. i got it because it was cheap and i knew it would last.

also, i took a fat round file to my dropouts and deepened them and added a half-link to my chain. so the back end is about 14" now with just barely enough space to clear my 1.95 tire. if i really wanted to, i could probably make the back end 13.75.

sheldon85

sheldon85

Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air? post #3
email the guys at Primo, Intergral is somehow related to Primo.

i have the Intgral Expo and i am pretty sure it's a 20.5"TT, 74.5*ST, 14.25" chain stay. not sure of the BB height. very traditional geometry but it's a solid bike. it weighs just under 6 pounds. it's a solid, simple bike. i got it because it was cheap and i knew it would last.

also, i took a fat round file to my dropouts and deepened them and added a half-link to my chain. so the back end is about 14" now with just barely enough space to clear my 1.95 tire. if i really wanted to, i could probably make the back end 13.75.

does moving the back wheel up help you when manualing? because im a tall rider and ive been told moving the tire back makes it more comfortable. but i dont want to move it back if it will effect the way the bike rides and manuals

mmm fit bikes

mmm fit bikes

Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air? post #4
the bell-air is 20.75TT 14.25CS 74HT 71ST 11.75BB

but they mayhave changed it from the last i measured it

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air? post #5
moving your wheel forward to shorten the distance from the crank to the axle will make your bike pop up into a manual or spin more easily. however, this will make the bike less stable and easier to loop out.

moving the wheel back will make it more stable but less twitchy. 14" seems to be a good compromise.

it's weird, but you can feel 1/4" difference.

sheldon85

sheldon85

Anyone know the geometry of integral bel air? post #6
alright, thanks guys. i feel llike a newb askin all these questions but i just never payedattention to bike geometry until i got so tall.

New Topics