Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross?

• Discuss Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; :twisted: ...
  • Tags backflip bike
D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #1
:twisted:

F

FOL

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #2
I wanted to do that, but it was a bit too expensive....so too bad for me

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #3
It the cheapest form of motorsports to participate in thus far....at least for now. 5000 grand a bike but it takes two, and 10 grand to roll on all year

E

EPMD

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #4
I have a suzuki but i dont race.. i just dick around with them sometimes, just to have some fun on

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #5
word

H

hartattack_199

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #6
*raises hand*
I was signed up to race last year... but lucky for me, my bike blew up for the 3 races i was gonna race.... Soooooooooo now i just Ride my tracks around home

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #7
that sux...you would have enjoyed it

H

hartattack_199

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #8
yah i know,my bro has been racing for a few years now, i always hang out around the track

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #9
you thanks you BMX riders for all the sik tricks these guys are doing these days...the mojority of them came from you :twisted:

I

infantry43RIDER

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #10
yea all the sick tricks...just kidding.

only thing i dislike about MX like the big air..is the overuse of the backflip...i mean it looks cool but not every single time you do a jump.
also...when they said 360..i thought it was going to be cool...not some little tailwhip out backflip.

oh well its cool.

B

bruisedbob

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #11
every new trick gets overused by the pros. especially at contests. mctwists were in everyones runs in skating during the early nineties, like tailwhips or flairs are today in "street" riding. once someone creates a move that gets the big points, everyone else copies it.
back on topic, i raced a little as a kid but mostly did a lot of crazy hill climbing. racings cool but watch out and wear a vest. late

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #12
infantry43RIDER said:
when they said 360..i thought it was going to be cool...not some little tailwhip out backflip.

oh well its cool.
thats what I thought exactly

V

Vic_Vega

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #13
MX is okay. I don't like to watch it on ESPN though(come to think of it, I don't like to watch anything on ESPN). My cousin has a bike and I mess around on it sometimes...it's great to bust no footers and nac-nacs on his bike because he can't even do those yet :D

B

BioHazard

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #14
Yup.

'92 Suzuki RM-125. . . it's a beat-up POS that I use in my attempts at freestyle. This has caused me much pain. Also the first bike I ever got.

'01 Yamaha YZ-250. . . I race this one. There's a track a few miles down the road, privately owned. I have permission from the owners to use it anytime I feel the need. I always win on this track, I've practiced WAY too much on it.

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #15
BioHazard said:
Yup.

'92 Suzuki RM-125. . . it's a beat-up POS that I use in my attempts at freestyle. This has caused me much pain. Also the first bike I ever got.

'01 Yamaha YZ-250. . . I race this one. There's a track a few miles down the road, privately owned. I have permission from the owners to use it anytime I feel the need. I always win on this track, I've practiced WAY too much on it.
local tracks that let you ride OWN!!!!!!!!!! :D

B

BioHazard

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #16
Word.

There's another one about 20 miles in the other direction, but they don't let you ride, its used only for races/events or whatever. The one I ride at is privately owned. Heh, they've got some jumps that could be used for BMX as well, though dirt-jumping isn't my thing.

I'm thinking about maybe trading in the Yamaha for a 2003 YZ-250F. I'm thinking about maybe jumping on the 4-stroke bandwagon.

H

hartattack_199

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #17
nah man, go with the CRF from honda if your gonna go with a 4 stroke, mind you, 4 strokes suck for freestyle

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #18
4 strokes = *** dont support that EPA shlt...

B

BioHazard

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #19
God, I farted and it ****ing stinks. My eyes are watering.

Anyway, you can't really diss 4-strokes. I mean, sure, 2-stroke bikes are faster, no doubt, but a 4-stroke is quicker, if you know what I mean. If you watch pro races, you'll see that a 4-stroke ALWAYS wins the holeshot, but after that, the better, more experienced riders take the lead, and I believe that to be a mental factor, not necessarly the bikes.

There's a lot of tight turns (and i mean A LOT) at the local track, so I'd rather have something quicker (more torque) than something faster. You never get to top speed on this track anyway, so I think a 4-stroke would benefit me more.

D

Devourment 138

Anyone here ride/race Motorcross or Supercross? post #20
4 strokes = heavy, loud and obnociois (spelling) and are the way that EPA is wanting motorcross to go, but its still ok for Jeff Goedon to dump 4-5 gallons of fuel on the track every time he gets gas.....but to each there own

New Topics