Anyone been in a foam pit???

• Discuss Anyone been in a foam pit??? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [color=red][/color]I have been to woodward (once unfortunitly) (would love to live there) and i have tried to flip,whip,twist,and spin into the foam... ...
  • Tags jump
D

Disturbed1

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #1
I have been to woodward (once unfortunitly) (would love to live there) and i have tried to flip,whip,twist,and spin into the foam pit there. As some attempts went well, while some went horribly wrong. But the fact was that it atleast works, its a bitch to get out of but if u love the sport its a small price to pay. But heres the thing... i love the pit so much that im building one this summer in my trails. i know what most of u are thinking thats not possible... well maybe not... but im going to try. Im goin to dig a hole using a bob cat 6 feet (around there) and however long. Im goin to cover the walls of it and the floor wit cement, (i know alot of work) (start of summer till the end) then fill it wit foam. (friends also given money and helping). anyone have any other ideas

E

EasternBMX

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #2
cement haha
Why is going to woodward once unfortunate?

S

sentaafEQpovar

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #3
u might wanna put a tarp over it , or if its sumwhere were lil punks can get to it, have some sort of box with a lock to keep foam in? just a thought

X

|x|D|x|

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #4
DUDE!! :-D foam pits are so fun!!!!!!!!!!! i almost did a double backflip in woodward!!!!!!!!!! on the secong my hands just went off and i went flailing in the pit lol, and i foam square costs like $4 so ull need lie $8,000, cus ull need alot of squares :p

V

Vic_Vega

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #5
I learn hard airs into a lake....I don't have $8,000.

I

infantry43RIDER

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #6
ive done the lake jumping thing before...its cool.

anyways...

duh you don't need to buy the individual square foam squares dumbass...you can get like monsterous foam sheets for like the price of your ONE square foam block....then you use these things called knifes or sissors and cut them into squares...

L

leon_luxton

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #7
can some1 post a p[icyure of a foam pit.dont know wot it is :oops: i dont do park or nuttin,only flatland(good acuse,huh)
leon luxton 8O

E

EasternBMX

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #8
Leon I don't have a picture of a foam pit but i'll try to get one the next time i hit up eisenbughs skate park but anyway.....They consist of a launch ramp, i'm not sure how steep the lip is but i can double peg stall the lip of the foam pit, so it is somewhat steep. Foam pits are usually like 10-15 feet long and are as high as the launch.....(I odn't like the ramp being higher than the foam pit because it gives you more time to hit the ground and it is harder to land on real ramps becuase you don't have as much time) Foam squares\blocks are placed in the box to soften the landing so you can try anything and everything you want

it is fun i enjoy them

G

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #9
i used to have a foam pit sort of thing. at my school we have high-jump mats that are 2 feet high and about 15 long by 15 wide (feet). I put two on tob of eachother and rode my bike off my launch into them. they're not as safe or soft as foam but it works.

D

Disturbed1

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #10
wow some good resonces, thanks everyone... and to the guy that asked why goin to woodward once was unfortunate, it was unfortunate because unfortunatly thats the only time i can get there or afford it. trust me i would love to live here and mess all da time... i got there and i actually talked to ryan nyquist (fav rider) he gave me some pointers on my suicide no handed barspins... but he was about it most of them were to busy to talk to me and they had millions of kids askin them shit too... but yes i realize that this is gunna be expensive and thats why i have my whole riding buddies, (which is anywhere from 30 - 50 people) (plus people that just come over as noob's to ride there) so its not goin to be that much for me as many think... but im planning on keepin it pretty open but i have dogs out there and that hopefully will be enough to keep most away...

G

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #11
woah killer attack dogs

H

hartattack_199

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #12
S

sentaafEQpovar

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #13
jesus christ! 30-50 guys, omg u should have a new six pack up each day at that rate

seriously, imagine if u called over everyone one day and had like 10 wheelbarrows and like 50 shovels and u all decided to spend like 15 hours building with like barely any breaks

O

oibmxpunx

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #14
infantry43RIDER said:
ive done the lake jumping thing before...its cool.

anyways...

duh you don't need to buy the individual square foam squares dumbass...you can get like monsterous foam sheets for like the price of your ONE square foam block....then you use these things called knifes or sissors and cut them into squares...
dude ur wrong
go to www.foampit.com

I

infantry43RIDER

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #15
hmm i helped make a foam pit at my friends house because i didn't have enough room for one...so yea there is one there...we bought monsterous sheets of foam for like 4 bucks a sheet and these where huge..like the football foam that you jump on for tackle practice or whatever (maybe my school is the only one to use those heh) but yea it was really cheap to buy the foam and we built the actually pit part out of wood cause its behind a jump box...yea so you really can't say im wrong if i had first had experience with building it the way we did.

T

Trimix

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #16
All I'm gonna say is, if the foam pit doesn't work out after you put the concrete walls in, you can deep six that idea and just fill it with water. :D Then when you are not jumping into it, you can float around on a big "island" blow up raft with a palm tree on it, sipping fruity drinks with little umbrellas in them.

D

Disturbed1

Anyone been in a foam pit??? post #17
so here i think i have it... i buy sheets of foam for 4$ or so and buy enough for my needs... then take a knife or scissors and cut chunks... and i take it most dont like the cement idea... and the tarp i meant to put that in there i was gunna put four spikes in the ground in each corner to keep it SOMEWHAT dry when it rains... and as far as the "killer dowgs" go well there in cages and well what dumb ass would really jump my gate and ride at night well more power to them but it wont do any good theres no light out there at all enless we put the spot lights out there... and then when i get all that filled if it doesnt work out i should make it a pool and shoot things and drink fruity drinks??? ill have to write all this down... jk

New Topics