Any one out there have any ideas for me

• Discuss Any one out there have any ideas for me in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi i have been riding for about 2 weeks i can bunnyhop 1 foot but do not no what to do next, got any ideas, where i live there are no ramps or anying... ...
  • Tags 180 360 540 barspin bike dirt fakie jump no footer table top x-up
M

Marlow

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #1
Hi i have been riding for about 2 weeks i can bunnyhop 1 foot but do not no what to do next, got any ideas, where i live there are no ramps or anying like that so i need help.

E

EasternBMX

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #2
180's, learn fakies, 360 tire taps, hlaf cabs, full cabs, 540 cabs, barspins, crankflips, x-ups,

G

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #3
EasternBMX said:
180's, learn fakies, 360 tire taps, hlaf cabs, full cabs, 540 cabs, barspins, crankflips, x-ups,
dude.... thats a little big for someone tahts been riding 2 weeks

id say just learn how to balance and bunny hop over stuff

grind little things that dont require much hoppage

and if you are going to get into dirt jumps, make a 3 foot lip and about 2 foot gap with the landing the same size, maybe make it a table top or put some cactus with a carpet covering the middle

whatever just learn how to get used to the bike

E

EPMD

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #4
Just make some small jumps like pobey said.. do some no footers, 1 footers, 1 handers, tabletops, x-ups

T

Trimix

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #5
bag tags, face grinds, bar jabs.... :roll: sorry, just being loose

They're right though. Bunny hops would be imperative, then make some small jumps to ride over. Wood, dirt, doesn't matter. Get the feel of the bike, learn to yank it around and control it's behavior under you.

I

infantry43RIDER

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #6
Bunnyhop until your rims bend.

H

hartattack_199

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #7
infantry43RIDER said:

hahaha......no

S

sentaafEQpovar

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #8
damn u been riding for 2 weeks anbd u can bunnyhop a foot high, i couldnt do that for like 3 months or sumthing, i would find a wood stump or sumthign and make a 9 inch jump with no landing and etc cuase thats what me and pobzor did when we was noobs, and we made wooden jumps that were made forma sheet of plywood and some bricks, and u use the part on sidewalks that dips into driveways as ramps, they = much fun when u still a noobie

D

Devourment 138

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #9
Watch videos, ride, and improvise. If you are good you will find all kinds of cool shlt eventualy.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #10
hmmm, the more u get into bikes, the more u will notice what in your area can be riden, like prolly now u oblivious to many nice transitions and ledges and whatever else there might be that would be awsome to ride

I

infantry43RIDER

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #11
hartattack_199 said:
infantry43RIDER said:

hahaha......no
i was actually being serious.
when i first got my "newer" bike i put on my old rims...because although i could already bunnyhop i felt the need to get it higher and higher so i practiced like you are supposed to do..hmm...anyways so i put on my old ass Alex rims for this...and i probally bunnyhopped around 100 times a day everyday until i got the height i wanted which = getting onto whatever i want to get on to...so i was being serious...practicing the basics helps.
then you can learn barspins and get like bar height bunnyhop barspins.

T

Trimix

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #12
Yea....being BRAND new, I am not sure recommending tricks where you are removing and replaceing hands and feet is a good suggestion. I would just work on balance things....like bunnyhopping and manuals. Taking the bike over low jumps, learning how MUCH to pull up or not. Just my 2C

M

Marlow

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #13
thanks dude i'll go ride till i bleed

F

federal_rider12

Any one out there have any ideas for me post #14
build stuff i mean when i started i was buildin ghetto ramps with whatever i could find and i kept buildin them bigger and bigger like we built this ramp from a long piece of ply wood and built it up with bricks and eventually got up to 4ft tall and the ramp sat out in the rain that it it curved itself down to the supportin bricks makin a nice ramp and instead of a launch but we were dumb and u come flyin down a hill at mach 1 and jump the thing(which had to landin) and fly 10ft away from it and that how come my one of my wrist become hyperextened and bent my bars like 2in downward

New Topics