any good?

• Discuss any good? in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi im fairly new and ive got a mongoose subject 09:hmm: is this a good bike?? ...
bmxconnor

bmxconnor

any good? post #1
hi im fairly new and ive got a mongoose subject 09:hmm: is this a good bike??

A

AustinKO

any good? post #2
yea its good. in fact its great . i ride a goose and love it.. they have stepped it up the last few years..

bmxconnor

bmxconnor

any good? post #3
awsome youve made me happy as i thought id made the wrong choice

H

Hermes

any good? post #4
come on you cant be serious....mongooses are like 1 out of 10s(not to be mean) if you are just starting yea its a great bike but nothing to be serious about

F

fed tom

any good? post #5
good in what sense? as a bike, yeah i guess its ok, for doing anything other than pedalling about on dont expect too much like. the geometry on mongooses (all 2 or so ive ridden) feels weird, kinda like riding a rhino.

T

TrevorH

any good? post #6
dont know if it was just me but mongooses seemed to be weighted weird.
like 23 pounds in the front, and 15 in the back.

bmxconnor

bmxconnor

any good? post #7
yes trev the front is abit heavy and i gettin full cromo forks wen ive got enough cash

F

frager84

any good? post #8
dont upgrade a mongoose just save some money and get a nice bike

A

AustinKO

any good? post #9
my mongoose is back heavy. i guess its because i have a square bottom tube on the back section. but i still haul with it and jump pretty good sized jumps. i say keep it..

kevinwewe

kevinwewe

any good? post #10
waste of money

A

AustinKO

any good? post #11
ure a waste of space:)

AustinK

AustinK

any good? post #12
my mongoose is back heavy. i guess its because i have a square bottom tube on the back section. but i still haul with it and jump pretty good sized jumps. i say keep it..
What do you consider a good sized jump?

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

any good? post #13
i was just at wal-mart and i saw some mongooses for sale so i wouldn't see them very good.

7 Broken Bottles

7 Broken Bottles

any good? post #14
Ok, for those of you not aware of what Mongoose has changed on their higher end bikes and are randomly hating on things they know nothing about(which seems to be the way of the world these days, especially those who want to fit in.)

Mongoose at Interbike:
http://www.mongoose.com/bmx/newsDetail.html?id=605

What, those are only the 09s and you don't think that any bike they could have made before is any good?!:

The 08 Fraction:
http://www.mongoose.com/bmx/ProductDetails.html?id=2592&enc=bmx|3
full chromo frame, cranks, fork, bars, axles.
30-11 gearing, sealed midBB, sealed hubs, sealed headset. By the way, the hubs are Odyssey Hazards.
There's more in that link.

The 07s are a bit of a step down from the 08 line, but what company doesn't ste up the next years line of bikes?
Don't believe me? Follow the link right here.

High end Mongooses are fine, even their mid level stuff is on par with other companies, yes, even Fit and Kink, Depening on which one you have, it's a good enough bike and if you want to, upgrade it until you feel you're too good for it, then start over and start building a bike to your specs.
Good luck, ignore the people who can't back up the trash they spew, and BUILD A TRAIL!! :wink:

bmxconnor

bmxconnor

any good? post #15
7 broken bottles rocks:)

A

AustinKO

any good? post #16
i say around 7 ftt is how big the one i jump alot is..

AustinK

AustinK

any good? post #17
i say around 7 ftt is how big the one i jump alot is..
I am not going to say your wrong but i am almost positive your mongoose could not withstand that unless you are very light.

To the original poster i looked up your bike and i see that the frame is hi ten steel. This is ok if you are only hitting small jumps but if you are planing to hit anything over 3 feet in height i would recommend getting a stronger bike.

New Topics