Ankle brace support

• Discuss Ankle brace support in the Health and Safety forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [url]http://www.pro-tec.net/bike/ankle_brace/1.jpg[/url] I use this, but does anyone else use it? cuz i find i get more pain in my ankle when i... ...
T

Trendy

Ankle brace support post #1
http://www.pro-tec.net/bike/ankle_brace/1.jpg

I use this, but does anyone else use it?

cuz i find i get more pain in my ankle when i land hard on the right foot (i ride right foot forward)... does it really help support ur ankle?

fit bike co

fit bike co

Ankle brace support post #2
edit: wtf my pc is acting strange...nvm what i said before

one of those isn't going to protect your ankle from a great shock. e.g. landing from a b-hop or flyout, they are mainly used so your ankle doesnt twist or bend in a way it shouldn't

i suggest you resting for at least a week. stay away from any major walking/running/jumping and no bmxing!

if your ankle gets really bad, show up in A + E in hospital or go see a physio..

my ankle has a torn ligament. after 1 week i can walk again.. yesterday i walked to the shops..(like 200M from my house) was a seriously bad idea (as my foot is quickly self destructing) my foot has swollen up again and now i cant move :( back on crutches.

rest it, best advice i can give you

hope it helped

Last edited:
M

Marcus Poopy

Ankle brace support post #3
yes it does, some of them prevent against ankle bite too...after i was using mine for a while, found that it ended up hurting my ankle more after it was healed, so once your almost fully healed take that thing off and let your ankle roam free or it could end up hurting you more:p

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

Ankle brace support post #4
http://www.pro-tec.net/bike/ankle_brace/1.jpg

I use this, but does anyone else use it?

cuz i find i get more pain in my ankle when i land hard on the right foot (i ride right foot forward)... does it really help support ur ankle?
My inner foot on my arch hurts, does that provide padding under the foot? I need to get some and was lookin at those

T

troy

Ankle brace support post #5
If it has steel inserts then go for it!

T

Trendy

Ankle brace support post #6
My inner foot on my arch hurts, does that provide padding under the foot? I need to get some and was lookin at those
It does but doesnt cover a great area of under the foot

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

Ankle brace support post #7
It does but doesnt cover a great area of under the foot
Is it padded at all or just a strap type thing? (under the foot)

T

Trendy

Ankle brace support post #8
Stephen G

Stephen G

Ankle brace support post #9
I just got a set of the older 661 guards, they take forever to get on and off, but they work quite well.
I've had a bad ankle the last 2 months or so, and I've recently started whips again, and trying whips on drops etc, my right ankle (right foot foreward, too) has been taking a few hits, but since I got the guards earlier this week, I've been out riding twice with them, and they're really really good.

It's mainly just a nylon boot type thing with a plastic insert on both sides of the ankle, cupping the ankle bone and going up about 3 inches. (the older 661's)

fit bike co

fit bike co

Ankle brace support post #10
I just got a set of the older 661 guards, they take forever to get on and off, but they work quite well.
I've had a bad ankle the last 2 months or so, and I've recently started whips again, and trying whips on drops etc, my right ankle (right foot foreward, too) has been taking a few hits, but since I got the guards earlier this week, I've been out riding twice with them, and they're really really good.

It's mainly just a nylon boot type thing with a plastic insert on both sides of the ankle, cupping the ankle bone and going up about 3 inches. (the older 661's)
i know what you mean. my friends got a pair but his dont fit him! haha

New Topics