Airing

• Discuss Airing in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Okay this may sound like a noob question, but it's not. What exactly are you supposed to do when you air? like i've tried just pumping, and going strai... ...
gttour2

gttour2

Airing post #1
Okay this may sound like a noob question, but it's not. What exactly are you supposed to do when you air? like i've tried just pumping, and going strai out, hopping, everything, and i can't seem to get more that like 2 feet above copeing

T

t1jay

Airing post #2
go faster.

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

Airing post #3
uh, use the search button and youll fly like chase hawk!

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

Airing post #4
Speed dude, speed and commitment. Its better to learn on a quarter pipe cos you can hit it with varying speed. A half pipe is harder cos you dont really have time to pedal, pumping isnt as easy to get speed as pedalling

Patrickk

Patrickk

Airing post #5
i've learned that air outs are just going up at top speed, leaning back and lightly popping the bike, and riding back in. there is no need for trying to "hop" over the coping like most people ( myself included ) i see do. it just makes it harder not to case. my friend literally does like 6 foot air outs and he never hops. however its a lot scarier because you need a lot more speed, bigger balls, and a lot more commitment. if you get your fear out of your head it will all work out ( i'm still trying to figure that out )

gttour2

gttour2

Airing post #6
we have a 7ft halfpipe, and i can uasually air like 3-4feet out of it, but idk latley. i think it's because i moved my grips in, i moved them back out, and it feel s alot better. and for speed i'm going as fast as i can chainless. since somone stole my bag with my chain, chain breaker, and tools in it

i've learned that air outs are just going up at top speed, leaning back and lightly popping the bike, and riding back in. there is no need for trying to "hop" over the coping like most people ( myself included ) i see do. it just makes it harder not to case. my friend literally does like 6 foot air outs and he never hops. however its a lot scarier because you need a lot more speed, bigger balls, and a lot more commitment. if you get your fear out of your head it will all work out ( i'm still trying to figure that out )
yeah i need to talk to my friend. he can air as high out of th quarter as it is like 3ft out of a 3ft quarter. up to like 9ft out of a 9ft quarter. he is a beast, and he always looks down it's weird.

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

Airing post #7
Casing isnt really too much of a fear for me, I'm alot more worried about hitting flat bottom! I tend to drift away from the coping into the ramp too much.. Not alot but somtimes. Its the same as anything, practice until youre comfortable, then go at it faster. Whcih wont happen until you get a chain or use someone elses bike

New Topics