Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!!

• Discuss Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; K this might be in the wrong area but no one replies to tech help questions in the right group, anyway. K the other day I took my brake cable off... ...
barrog

barrog

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #1
K this might be in the wrong area but no one replies to tech help questions in the right group, anyway.

K the other day I took my brake cable off to lube it up and the end had frayed so I couldnt put it back on. Anyways I put my old gyro whcih I used to have so dialled back on and my brakes are shit. They were the best brakes ever with my old linear cable. I dunno what is wrong with em. Ive done everything, oiled the cables, greased the brakemounts, adjusted the springs, got the right cable tension, cleaned my rims, filed the glaze of my pads, boiled my pads, trued my rims and cleaned my rims. Can someone please help becasue im geting pissed off, I can't do abubacas or anything without falling off when I used to easliy. I have AD990's with Odyysey ! by 4 pads and a Dirty Harry lever with SST cables upper and lower and a chrome rims. I dont think any of that is to blame becasue at one point my Gyro could lock for abubacas with my little finger if I wanted to! and my brake and pad setup worked fine on my old cable. AHHHHHHHHHH! Please help!!!

S

sandmriderbmx

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #2
the same thing happened to me(the frayed thing) i got so pissed i just took the brakes off and been brkless ever since, it feels good to be free, kinda sucks when sumthin jumps out in front of u cause it makes it hard to stop on short notice

B

bigs

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #3
same thing happend to me (the frayed thing) and ive to been brakeless ever since. and heres a trick to stop in short notices, put ur foot on top of the back on the top by the frame.

have fun :D

S

sandmriderbmx

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #4
bigs said:
same thing happend to me (the frayed thing) and ive to been brakeless ever since. and heres a trick to stop in short notices, put ur foot on top of the back on the top by the frame.

have fun :D
yea but if yur sitting then u cant do tht fast

O

oibmxpunx

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #5
just by new cable there only like 3 bucks

barrog

barrog

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #6
Im sayin my gyro is shit and I kinda want a gyro coz im learning whips. Oh yeah I went brakeless the whole of last summer and I like it but there are times at park when I need em now

P

[PRIMO]

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #7
gyros are cool but try runnin a straight cable at has great brake power and smooth braking just get it long enough so you can do a whip>

F

federal_rider12

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #8
ok is it too hard to pull the lever? or is it too hard for the brakes to even move?

barrog

barrog

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #9
Cheers for all youre help but I decided I codnt be arsed withe gyro and put my linear cable on and now by brakes are dialled once again!

F

federal_rider12

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #10
you didnt dial in the gyro, thats what your problem was. they are not as simple as a straight cable, you cant just slap it on and be done

C

casperh

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #11
my brakes are also **** ed up

S

s&mpbr88

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #12
who needs brakes? take em off

S

sandmriderbmx

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #13
exactly, brakes suck!

F

federal_rider12

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #14
i need brakes or i would be dead right now, so i think thats a good reason and they help me because i tend to get too much speed coming into something

I

infantry43RIDER

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #15
sandmriderbmx said:
exactly, brakes suck!
they don't suck dude.
brakeless riding is just a different style than having a rear brake or both...nothing wrong with brakes man...i love to watch riders with them.
sure i don't have them...but not because i can't work on them or they get annoying...brakeless riders that do that are just way to lazy to take the time to get their brakes dialed in...sure im lazy...but if i wanted to have brakes i could put them in and get them dialed up.

F

federal_rider12

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #16
infantry43RIDER said:
sandmriderbmx said:
exactly, brakes suck!
they don't suck dude.
brakeless riding is just a different style than having a rear brake or both...nothing wrong with brakes man...i love to watch riders with them.
sure i don't have them...but not because i can't work on them or they get annoying...brakeless riders that do that are just way to lazy to take the time to get their brakes dialed in...sure im lazy...but if i wanted to have brakes i could put them in and get them dialed up.
:clap: exactly

P

[PRIMO]

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #17
buy new ones

S

sandmriderbmx

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #18
well thts yur opion i hate brakes cause im a lazy bastard

I

infantry43RIDER

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #19
and you are probably one of the riders that would love to have brakes on if you ever tried to take the time to dial them in.

S

sandmriderbmx

Ahh my brakes have gone crap!!!!!!! post #20
probably

New Topics