After many debates.

• Discuss After many debates. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well after many debates I decided to splash out and get a new street bike, the ride i chosen was.. WeThePeople Daredevil. So I get in from college... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx mosh bikes shop street street bike street bikes
C

croz

After many debates. post #1
Well after many debates I decided to splash out and get a new street bike, the ride i chosen was.. WeThePeople Daredevil.

So I get in from college throwing my old ride on the ground with the squeeky wheels, dirty tires and scratched frame to finally get a new one to boost my morale. With a nice sparkling clean bike, with everything... yes.... NEW.

So I'm browsing about on the normal sites looking to get a price match and best place i found was, www.bmx-shop.co.uk
( I shop from it regulary )
and to my surprise WeThePeople daredevil or any WTP bike for that matter is completely sold out in the UK until late January 2004. With my passion for hating Haro, and not liking some of the other street bikes on offer I am now stuck in a situation or you could say dilema to find a bike that could match WeThePeople daredevil, or Nova.

So a street bike you say? that doesnt weight a ton like a mongoose, as ugly as a haro or as SHIT as a hoffman.

Any suggestions?

- Croz, over and out.

R

ride888

After many debates. post #2
2003 eastern hercules, lil heavy but it rides nice and steady and durable and for the price is not bad either

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

After many debates. post #3
Ordinarily i would point to Albes but now i have to point to Dans Comp. Check out the Mosh bikes. Tremendous sale. A fairly light bike with a three piece crank and a cassette hub only for $200. I say go for either the the Mosh Brass 3 star or the Mosh Lux 4 star (almost like a custom bike). Make sure Dans Comp sends you the right bike.

www.danscomp.com

C

croz

After many debates. post #4
Dont like the mosh bikes..sure they are street?

Also looking for something closer to home really, best place iI think in the UK is www.bmx-shop.co.uk although not much choice best i can get I suppose.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

After many debates. post #5
Are Mosh Bikes street? If its good enough for Heath Pinter and Corey Bohan then its good enough for you. Why dont you like Mosh Bikes? Sealed 3 piece crank, cassette hub, Odyssey Evolver brakes, and what looks like a S&M Redneck stem for $250. The only thing you may want to change on the Lux 4 star is handlebars. The reason it is on sale because their 2004 line of bikes are coming out. The bike is probably worth around $600 or even higher and its on sale for $250. What are you waiting for? If I was in need for a new bike, i would get this bike in a heartbeat.

YOU DONT NEED A $800 BIKE TO RIDE.

At least go to www.danscomp.com , click on BIKES on the left hand side, then click on MOSH, then look at some of the bikes.

You may even be able to get it shipped to British Land.

Who here thinks this is a good deal????

G

After many debates. post #6
fenixbykeco said:
YOU DONT NEED A $800 BIKE TO RIDE
true, i still ride my huffy i got for xmas in 96

A

ashton

After many debates. post #7
hey fenixbykeco where bouts you live? thats sweet that people are starting to know who corey bohan is cause he is the most bad ass rider around!

who else has herd of him?

G

After many debates. post #8
thats the guy that got arrested for lighting my neighbors house on fire i think

C

croz

After many debates. post #9
I agree there is no need to spend so much on a bike... I've been riding a bike thats like 6 years old, falling apart, thought it was time to treat myself... and the money im spending i dont just wanna chuck it away.

Anywayz, all done and dusted now, got a contact who got hold of a nova and put the daredevil crank set in. I believe the last nova / daredevil in the UK until late January 2004.

C

croz

After many debates. post #10
So many un-recognised riders out there... guy round my area is awesome on his ride, can just about pull off any street trick and manual forever.

underground BMX vids are the best ! 8)

I

infantry43RIDER

After many debates. post #11
ashton said:
hey fenixbykeco where bouts you live? thats sweet that people are starting to know who corey bohan is cause he is the most bad ass rider around!

who else has herd of him?
ive heard about him...a while ago actually.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

After many debates. post #12
I've heard about about Corey Bohan in magazines, Mosh ads, and i got the Gravity Games off Pay-Per-View last year and saw all of his dirt runs.

Heath Pinter is also very good. I saw him ride in person at the opening of the vans skatepark(eat my **** vans skateparks) in Novi, Michigan. There were four pros there but only two were in riding condition. It was Dennis McCoy, T.J. Lavin(both injured), Rob-o, and Heath Pinter. Rob-o just manualed around but Heath Pinter was doing turndowns and tables over a pretty huge hip gap with his chrome bike.

Josh Steir is an amazing rider. Anytime I go to Focus Skatepark, he is there. I saw him pull a wallride to 540 (or 450 for you technical ones).
He is great.

I live in Michigan. I used to live in Cass City but I was moved away from there down to Romeo(near detriot). There's a lot of place to ride down here like: but i like cass city better.
www.focussk8.com
www.trpramppark.com
www.zerogravitysk8.com

New Topics