Advice on racing bmx bike for 5 year old

M

Max Hislop

Advice on racing bmx bike for 5 year old post #1
Hislop. New to the forum and to bmx. My 5 year old son is keen to get into bmx racing. Today he used a Cuda micro mini racing bmx which he borrowed for an induction session at our local track. However, even this was slightly too big for him.

Does anyone know of a racing bmx bike which is smaller, say with 16 inch wheels?

freddy469

freddy469

Advice on racing bmx bike for 5 year old post #2
Today he used a Cuda micro mini racing bmx which he borrowed for an induction session at our local track. However, even this was slightly too big for him.

Does anyone know of a racing bmx bike which is smaller, say with 16 inch wheels?
How about going round and have a look through the bike shops, there is also Ebay and craigslist which you could scout?

E

ElectraRoadKing

Advice on racing bmx bike for 5 year old post #3
I (Santa) am also looking at purchasing a bike for my son who will be almost 5 come Christmas. He is outgrowing his 12" bike and says that he wants to race. I am tossing up the Chase Micro and the Chase Mini. The top tube lengths, crank lengths, and tire sizes are different. Micro is 16.5" TT, 130mm cranks, and 18" tire. The mini is 17.25", 140mm cranks, and a 20" tire. I measured him last week and I think he was 3'6".

New Topics