about the tierra..

• Discuss about the tierra.. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i heard that the tierra frame isnt good for tall people... im 6 4 is that true?? ...
Evan414PROPS

Evan414PROPS

about the tierra.. post #1
i heard that the tierra frame isnt good for tall people... im 6 4 is that true??

R

ridefly

about the tierra.. post #2
you are correct, with that kind of height the frame will combust

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

about the tierra.. post #3
tierras are shit anyway. get a luna or pantera 3, cause tierras are shit.

Evan414PROPS

Evan414PROPS

about the tierra.. post #4
what do you think is the best frame for someone of my height

bmx1986

bmx1986

about the tierra.. post #6
The combination of super low tt and the mega short cs would be bad for you. Your height would give you far too much leverage over the bike, it would be like someone of 5ft 8 riding a 19.5" tt with a 12.5" cs, it would be the right geo for you if you rode flatland.

If you're a flowy rider, aim for a 21.25tt and 14ish cs, fit lurch, kink farside and mutiny burlish would be the kind of frames you should look at.

It you're more tech the shortest you would want to go is a 21" tt and 13.75" cs, so frames like the kink lost dutchman, bsd forever and united squads would be worth looking at.

You got to bare in mind being tall you gotta think in proportion to your size, so what would feel reasonable to someone around 5 10 would feel totally wrong to you. Stick to stable geo, 74.5* ha longer tt/cs and maybe lowish bb.

Evan414PROPS

Evan414PROPS

about the tierra.. post #8
thanks all

frokid12

frokid12

about the tierra.. post #9
The tierra is a great frame, but see if anyone you know has a tierra and ride it. The most important thing about any frame/bike is that it is comfortable.

7 Broken Bottles

7 Broken Bottles

about the tierra.. post #10
tierras are shit anyway. get a luna or pantera 3, cause tierras are shit.
Tierras are shit but you recommend other frames from the same company?

Look into the FBM Exodus, it should be a bit more comfortable for you.

breadbin

breadbin

about the tierra.. post #11
im 6ft 2 and ride a 21" tierra and its fine.

try to get the 21.4 tierra.

should be ok.

Ridehardiehard

Ridehardiehard

about the tierra.. post #12
ask trueblue....hes tall and he rides a 21.4 tierra and im pretty sure he likes it...i say get it..im 6'4 and i would....

bmx1986

bmx1986

about the tierra.. post #13
I just want to add that a frame that fits you well helps with every trick in every way, it'll even help with spins a lot more than just getting a short frame.

J

jlau

about the tierra.. post #14
I'm 6ft and I ride the 20.6" Tierra, works fine for me.

New Topics