A story too Ridiculous.

• Discuss A story too Ridiculous. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I live in Southern Ca. And today I just returned from hanging out at one of the local skate/bike parks. ...............I run into this kid that tells... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx bmx bike bmx bikes mountain bike shop
U

ukingdom

A story too Ridiculous. post #1
I live in Southern Ca. And today I just returned from hanging out at one of the local skate/bike parks.
...............I run into this kid that tells me he is visiting from 90 minutes away because where he is from, there are no places to ride but street and there are actually no bike shops, just retail. So as he is telling me all of this he takes apart his seat post and is messing with the chain and pulls out a small tube of PETROLEUM jelly???
...............He uses it too lube his post and adds a bit too the chain as well as smearing on with a rag some oil. Not bar chain oil but what looked like 2 cycle oil or car oil in a small bottle.
................I questioned the kid on what he was doing and explains that he has no access too good bikes or parts and no place to buy lube and thought any oil smeared on a chain would do. I could not contain myself and went to get a friend of mine and relate the story, this was just very strange and sad. Any similar stories of in experience or crazy concoctions?

S

Super S***

A story too Ridiculous. post #2
the petrolium jelly thing is ok but smearing car oil on his chain is bad for it so that is realy *** that there are no bike stores where he lives...a bit like around here cuz they all stock moutain bike stuff exept for this tiny little shop on the edge of town and that only does completes and tyres and stuff.its a sad story really. :(

E

evanc

A story too Ridiculous. post #3
I use two stroke engine oil on my chain. I've had the same KMCh 410H for , oh, 18 months now and broken it once.

N

NewYork

A story too Ridiculous. post #4
LOL

this is gettin good...well where i live theres 2 bike shops in the town where i live but one of them has mostely mountain bikes :( the other bike shop has some cool guys there and mad bmx bikes and they laugh at my friends bike and my ghetto haro

where the **** do u live vermont or sumthin? russia?

H

headhunter555

A story too Ridiculous. post #5
NewYork said:
LOL

this is gettin good...well where i live theres 2 bike shops in the town where i live but one of them has mostely mountain bikes :( the other bike shop has some cool guys there and mad bmx bikes and they laugh at my friends bike and my ghetto haro

where the f*ck do u live vermont or sumthin? russia?
haha u guys are rather spoiled, i have to go 30 miles one way for a good bike shop.

and i bet u never got laughed at as much as i did when i had my ghetto hoopd my bike shop... glad those days are over :)

B

Bigboomer

A story too Ridiculous. post #6
I have 1 bike shop thats a 15 minute ride away, then another (only focuses on Haro's... sometimes you can get different brands of bikes, but rare and they're always CHEAPLY priced) 15 min ride away from that.

K

krustindumm

A story too Ridiculous. post #7
Where I used to live the closest bike store was 20 miles away (across town), unless you count Scheels, and that was just built a couple years ago. Now there is a sk8 shop 5 min walk from here, but I haven't been there so IDK if they have bike stuff.

-Dustin

New Topics