A few random questions..

• Discuss A few random questions.. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok, first off, ive been looking through Alansbmx.com and the way the prices are posted the bikes would be hundreds of dollars more than anywhere else... ...
B

bmrbob

A few random questions.. post #1
Ok, first off, ive been looking through Alansbmx.com and the way the prices are posted the bikes would be hundreds of dollars more than anywhere else when I convert it to US dollars. Is the UK sign in front of the price supposed to be a dollar sign? Next, does anyone have any experience with BlackEye bikes? Like the Pistola for example. I havent heard much about them but seems like it has some decent parts. Also, I am looking to get a new bike an still havent picked one yet. I noticed that there are sometimes a difference in the chainstay lengths, like Khe bikes for example. The Barbados has a 20.54tt with a 14.17 cs while the Kink Whip has a 20.75tt with a 13.75cs. Does the chainstay length play a big part in how the bike feels?

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

A few random questions.. post #2
that site is alllllll europe dude, lol

thats why the the euro signs are infront of the prices,

and everything there is priced more than in the usa as well,

idk, black eyes seem to bulky for me for somereason,

wtp's 09 look good though,

Boney

Boney

A few random questions.. post #3
Um, no, the euro sign is supossed to be a euro lol. You seem like you're not part of the UK, so why not buy from a mail order thats from your country? i don't believe anyone has heard anything about the Blackeye pistola. You might want a legit bike like a Kink Whip. Yes, chainstay does play a big part. Varying chainstay lengths will lead to easier manuals, but harder to lock in, and harder to get in manuals, but easy to lock in, and also increase your spinning in the air quite a lot.

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

A few random questions.. post #4
shorter chainstay is like, easier to pull up,

kinda like a seesaw, idk lol,

but its easier when its shorter, more tendency to flip out,

like in the tierra or killorado, sexyy ass frames though =]

Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy

A few random questions.. post #5
The Blackeye Pistola looks pretty good acutally, it has a 20.5 toptube. its suited for people any where from 5"4ish to 5"6', but its mostly personal perference

In this case Pistola > Whip

B

bmrbob

A few random questions.. post #6
Ok, I understand about he euro sign, but if you do the conversion to US it should be close to the price that US products are shown in. So will a longer tt with a short cs feel similar to a bike with a shorter tt with a longer cs? Im riding a 20.5 right now and it feels like it could be a bit longer, im 6'1'' also. Really, you think the Pistola might be a good bike? Here are the bikes that im heavily considering as of right now...
Khe Barbados Am, Hoffman Scarab IL, DK Kvant, Kink Whip, Fbm Heathen, Black Eye Pistola, and Verde Method.. I know the list is still a bit long, but what do you guys think of these or others that are similar and in the same price range?

Skizzo

Skizzo

A few random questions.. post #7
Ok, I understand about he euro sign, but if you do the conversion to US it should be close to the price that US products are shown in. So will a longer tt with a short cs feel similar to a bike with a shorter tt with a longer cs? Im riding a 20.5 right now and it feels like it could be a bit longer, im 6'1'' also. Really, you think the Pistola might be a good bike? Here are the bikes that im heavily considering as of right now...
Khe Barbados Am, Hoffman Scarab IL, DK Kvant, Kink Whip, Fbm Heathen, Black Eye Pistola, and Verde Method.. I know the list is still a bit long, but what do you guys think of these or others that are similar and in the same price range?
no on the price... UK stuff is more expensive which is why u see alot of people over there buying from over here

New Topics