A few questions

• Discuss A few questions in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; 1. Isn't a Manual the same thing as a wheelie? 2. When Bunnyhopping my right foot is back, but I am right footed. What side should my pegs be on if I... ...
  • Tags manual wheelie wheelies
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shock

A few questions post #1
1. Isn't a Manual the same thing as a wheelie?
2. When Bunnyhopping my right foot is back, but I am right footed. What side should my pegs be on if I only run two?
3. How do I insert a picture in under my name when posting?

F

FOL

A few questions post #2
1) No a manual is without pedalling to keep your wheel up, so a manual is purely your balance, where a wheelie can be done by a bit of balance and pedalling.

2) What you are most comfortable with I guess... I believe they call it odd if you grind on the side where your pedal is back, but hey, who gives a <bleep> if you can grind good that way? :)

3) Check for 'avatar' in your profile or something...or use the search for the word 'avatar'

S

Shock

A few questions post #3
Cool, thanks FOL. I haven't tried grinding yet I can barely bunnyhop about 3 inches. I just wanted to check and make sure I woulnd't eat sh*t because of the peg setup when I start grinding. I've only had my bike for about a week though, so I think I'm doing pretty good just learning to bunnyhop and manual.

F

FOL

A few questions post #4
there was a discussion about grindsides how you placed your pedals.... I can't find it...because I forgot the term off the "'wrong' pedal forward on the grindside"...and if you don't search witht hat word, there are too many results :)

But I believe my answer above was the general conclusion... I just tried to grind yesterday for the first time lol ;) (and I grind right, with my right pedal on the back)

F

federal_rider12

A few questions post #5
ok and to clear things up on wheelies, wheelies are when you are sitting and pedaling not standing. now what side to grind on it dont matter you got to try to grind first before you know. naturally i went to a ledge on my right side because it didnt seem right to me to grind left and my left foot is forward. you dont look at which foot is forward to know what side you grind, but if your right handed try grinding the right side first(if left handed grind left) and then if that dont feel right try going to the opposite side. so people cant tell you you grind right becasue your right foot is back or anything like that you have to find out which side you grind

P

piercerides

A few questions post #6
you dont have to be sitting down while doing wheelies? that is just one way ... the only difference i know of is
manual= no pedaling
wheelie= pedaling

D

d0r_flO

A few questions post #7
sitting down while doing wheelies is a normal wheelie

if you are standing you make a power wheelie

T

Trimix

A few questions post #8
piercerides said:
you dont have to be sitting down while doing wheelies? that is just one way ... the only difference i know of is
manual= no pedaling
wheelie= pedaling
That's what I thought too. FLO....what you're calling a power wheelie, is what we use to call a catwalk. :roll:

S

Shock

A few questions post #9
OK I understand the difference now. How high can you guys bunnyhop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics