A Creekin In My Cranks...?

• Discuss A Creekin In My Cranks...? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I got this wierd creeking in my cranks, it creeks every full rotation to the front on the right crank, my guess is the bearings need oiling, but I'm... ...
  • Tags cranks
S

Skid

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #1
I got this wierd creeking in my cranks, it creeks every full rotation to the front on the right crank, my guess is the bearings need oiling, but I'm not too sure cause I'm not a pro with bike mechanics, someone tell me what it potentially is and what to do with it?

E

evanc

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #2
check your chain. and don't worry about it, all good cranks creak.

S

Skid

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #3
I olied up my chain, and I don't have those profiles yet, it's still the stock ones on my TR 2.3, are you sure, cause it didn't creek the fist 2 days I had it...

Poseidon

Poseidon

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #4
I am having the same thing going on, I think...but mine kind of sounds like something is loose.

E

evanc

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #5
All good cranks will creak after a while. Get used to it.

S

sr71racer

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #6
yeah make sure the chain is oiled, and make sure the cranks are nice n tight...

A

anti-flag

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #7
ya most cranks have a creeking problem its usaly no big deal

G

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #8
my profile ss creaked... then it snapped. didn't expect a profile to snap...

X

XIII

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #9
check your chainwheel...they will make a creaking noise f it is slightly warped and it will seem like the crank is makin the noise

L

likeachamp

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #10
panteraman: that sucks dude, but check it all profiles got a warranty, mines got a life time one against bending breaking andthing even if its my fault, profile rocks, any ways dude don't "oil" your bearings pack the bottom bracket with some good grease and try that, if it still sounds "wrong" check into gettin a cheap sealed 3-piece!

N

nightrider

A Creekin In My Cranks...? post #11
are they pinch bolt? if so titen up the arms as hard as you can.

New Topics