9t driver for Oddy hub.

• Discuss 9t driver for Oddy hub. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey i have an Oddy hazard hub, and i was looking for a 9t driver. I cant seem to find one on danscomp. Could some one help me out? Oh and my bike... ...
L

lildrewmilby

9t driver for Oddy hub. post #1
Hey i have an Oddy hazard hub, and i was looking for a 9t driver. I cant seem to find one on danscomp.

Could some one help me out?

Oh and my bike was ghost pedaling. So i took out the driver and greased the paws with bearing grease, it doesnt really do it now. But is there a thinner grease i could get? cause it kinda seems that the bearing grease i used like made them stick in a way.

Were should i grease? not only on the hub but the entire bike.

this is my first cassette hub so i just wanted to know a few things.

Last edited:
mack_turtle

mack_turtle

9t driver for Oddy hub. post #2
a few companies make 9t drivers for odyssey hubs. odyssey refuses to make them due to the unreliablility of the tinyl bearings that would be neccessary for such a small driver. i support odyssey 100% in this decision. they could make a bunch of money selling 9t drivers but they can't stand behind the quality, so they don't bother making them.

use a thin oil like white lightning or triflow for your pawls. thick grease will glue them down.

L

lildrewmilby

9t driver for Oddy hub. post #3
a few companies make 9t drivers for odyssey hubs. odyssey refuses to make them due to the unreliablility of the tinyl bearings that would be neccessary for such a small driver. i support odyssey 100% in this decision. they could make a bunch of money selling 9t drivers but they can't stand behind the quality, so they don't bother making them.

use a thin oil like white lightning or triflow for your pawls. thick grease will glue them down.
ok so should i wipe the grease off of them?

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

9t driver for Oddy hub. post #4
Looks like Yes... Pouring a little oil will thin the grease down a bit.

Pau1

Pau1

9t driver for Oddy hub. post #5
You can get 10t drivers for the ody hubs. I have a 12t i can sell you if your interested. :)

Pickles

Pickles

9t driver for Oddy hub. post #6
first
Blackout makes 9t drivers that fit odyssey hubs
*Also,Joytech? makes 9t drivers. Odyssey and Joytech are basically the same,their parts can be used interchangably

second
for your pawls,wipe off the bearing grease,you want to use a liquid lubricant, for the exact reason that you said. The grease makes the pawls sticky.

third
basically,grease any bearings and any threads,also and points where metal meets metal (brake bosses, steerer tube, BRAKE LEVER HINGE)

use a liquid lubricant for:
Chain
Brake Cables
Driver paws

NEVER use WD-40,except for cleaning grease/oil AWAY. You might want to use it on your driver,careful not to get any in your driver bearings, but then make sure you wipe it down good.

S

screwglue

9t driver for Oddy hub. post #7
Yes, last time I took apart my cassette I mixed some part tool grease with chain lube lol. And I most definitely agree with italian on the fact that WD-40 is a ****ing nono. I learned the hard way when I WD-40d my chain made shit all sandy, I also had it on my Geisha freecoaster.

New Topics