6' 3" what BMX for larger rider?

• Discuss 6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Had 24" cruiser stolen and looking to replace but thought maybe I should go standard BMX with longer top tube so I am not to crunched up ? Cmon big... ...
  • Tags bike bmx bmx bike bmx rider dirt g ride bmx ride bmx
S

SK8-BizArrE

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #1
Had 24" cruiser stolen and looking to replace but thought maybe I should go standard BMX with longer top tube so I am not to crunched up ?
Cmon big riders which bikes/size/setup/style etc would you suggest
I come from a board background so help me out here
which bike/frame and why?
THANX
:?: :?: :?: :?:

V

Vic_Vega

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #2
Do you race or ride freestyle? I'm only asking because in freestyle some taller riders(Dave Fremuith) like to use smaller top tubes because of the benefits for technical tricks. If you race, then that isn't a factor.

S

SK8-BizArrE

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #3
just for fun m8 bit of dirt, some street etc and lots of grin factor

I

infantry43RIDER

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #4
grind factor? wow.

um yea...get whatever you like...if you feel crunched up or whatever fit makes a frame that comes in 21.25"

X

|x|D|x|

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #5
get a regular 20.75 who cares if u feel crunched up, u have to stand on them the whole way anyway, when u sit its just for plain cruising around, get used to it

E

EasternBMX

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #6
21' is probably the best bet and if that is still to small you can different steam lengths and handlbars to fix that porblem i like smaller top tubes because they spin easier during 180's and stuff

G

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #7
|x|D|x| said:
who cares if u feel crunched up
most people will find that they enjoy riding a lot more if they dont have to get their knee caps raised every night.

change your damn picture. :evil:

E

EasternBMX

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #8
xDX you are a total dumbass not to be mean but christ your post are stupid your picture is stupid..... i don't understand you who cares about a Freestyle Moto Cross dirt landing that giant thing they called a vert ramp

Just make it smaller its not hard
thanks
Steve-O

G

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #9
he's an idiot he just posts like crazy because he gets satisfaction from seeing his little number go up. he thinks the more he posts the cooler he'll get.

P

Pyro insaine

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #10
I no what its like cause im 6'2 and i have a 21 in frame and it work great 4 me. i would go 4 a standerd size bmx bike and make sure u get a 21 in to 22.25in frame and 185mm crank arms and it should work good.

PS go 2 danscomp.com cause they got a bunch of selections of frames and bike parts

I

infantry43RIDER

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #11
then again i have seen 6 foot and above riders riding 20.5s and 20s...so its all about the feel.

S

SK8-BizArrE

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #12
Nice one guys on the case

M

Miguel Sanchez

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #13
Glad I found this post, I'm just over 6ft & was wondering the same thing. Decided to go back to BMX as my moutainbike just doesn't do it for me anymore. This BMX stuff sure has changed since I last rode one in the late 80's I have a lot of catching up to do. :D

S

SK8-BizArrE

6' 3" what BMX for larger rider? post #14
Nice one let me know how you get on bike advice etc and I will do the same

New Topics