39t Chain wheel

N

NewYork

39t Chain wheel post #1
im puttin together a bike with 39t sprocket w/ flip flop hubs and i was wonderin wut size free wheel i should get for street riding...

I

infantry43RIDER

39t Chain wheel post #2
well if you get a 14t freewheel you will have a balanced gear ratio thingy...
39/14 is just like running 44/16

if you wanna a little lower gear for street or whatever go with the 39/15 setup..but 39/14 is balanced...

N

NewYork

39t Chain wheel post #3
alright...well wut do u got? my local bmx shop told me anything less than a 16t free wheel would be good but his word always isnt that great...help me out

B

BarHop360

39t Chain wheel post #4
39/14 is a good setup unless your going to be riding around up and down hills then you should run something like a 39/16.

I

infantry43RIDER

39t Chain wheel post #5
NewYork said:
alright...well wut do u got? my local bmx shop told me anything less than a 16t free wheel would be good but his word always isnt that great...help me out
as of right now a run a super low gear
36/16
i don't get very much speed with it at all and i don't need that much speed cause i ride mostly street...

i am getting...however...a cassette hub so that i can run an 13t driver for a normal gear ratio with my 36t sprocket...

that guy is sorta right then...anythign lower than a 16t would be fine for street riding...you could go with the 16t even but i wouldnt' suggest it...

N

NewYork

39t Chain wheel post #6
alrite dah.......i guess ill be riding 39/14 sounds good...now tell me a good free wheel i should get....

O

oibmxpunx

39t Chain wheel post #7
acs make good freewheels

I

infantry43RIDER

39t Chain wheel post #8
yea get an ACS...fatclaws if you run a bigger chain like a 415

S

Skid

39t Chain wheel post #9
Speaking of chainwheeles, I've never seen a bmx with a bashguard, someone tell me how they go on or send me a pic er something.

E

evanc

39t Chain wheel post #10
they're attatched to the sprocket.

S

Skid

39t Chain wheel post #11
evanc said:
they're attatched to the sprocket.
yeah, but does it move with the chainwheel so you have to put the cranks in a certin direction to guard the wheel?

E

evanc

39t Chain wheel post #12
Of course. You always ride with the same foot forward.

I

infantry43RIDER

39t Chain wheel post #13
yea...then when you do some sprocket bashes or whatever it will be in the right position for whatever foot you ride forward..

New Topics