36h back rim

• Discuss 36h back rim in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im going to buy a khe goldie in about 3 weeks or so once i have to money...the back hub is really good khe lolita cassette but its only 36h....its... ...
pinkfluffymunky

pinkfluffymunky

36h back rim post #1
im going to buy a khe goldie in about 3 weeks or so once i have to money...the back hub is really good khe lolita cassette but its only 36h....its that ok for a first bike...will its hold up? i wont be doing massve jumps and stuff on it...
what do you think?
thanks

pinkfluffymunky

pinkfluffymunky

36h back rim post #2
ne1? ne ideas ...pros and cons?

blazer

blazer

36h back rim post #3
i think 36h ll be fine if you wont do big drops n such. plus you'll save a couple of oz!!! if ur a weight whore)
pros: weight, lacing will taking a bit less time
cons: less strong
thats pretty much all i can think of

pinkfluffymunky

pinkfluffymunky

36h back rim post #4
but will alot of strength be sacrifice or just a wee bit?....is it common for people to ride 36h hack rims

blazer

blazer

36h back rim post #5
actually im not too sure, i guess it'll still hold up good

but dont rely too much on my advice, im no expert. wait till you get some more reactions before taking decissions.

T

Trimix

36h back rim post #6
I ride 36H back and front. I ride park, and huck pretty good. Never had a problem with them. I'd say if you are going to be slamming around a back wheel riding street, and you weigh 220 pounds.....then a 36H might not be the right choice.

If you're average weight, fairly smooth, and are not an abusive rider...it will be absolutely fine.

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

36h back rim post #7
i've never had any problems with them, just make sure the spokes are tight and not loose then it won't buckle very easily. Nice choice on a bike to.

pinkfluffymunky

pinkfluffymunky

36h back rim post #8
well im 6ft but im really light like 10.5 stone...so im not that heavy n its spread out so its not like im a heavy short ball of flab lol....so then its sounds ok to get the khe...now just to get the money...grrrrr...n hopefully winstanleys have it in stock wen i go to order it!

KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

36h back rim post #9
i had 36h on my first bike and never realized it and it held up for me

B

band aid

36h back rim post #10
i drop 5ft. to flat often with a 36h gsport ribcgae rim...but it is crossed laced [so the spokes on the left side of the hub are in the right side of the rim] it is fine. no problems.

Wildbill

Wildbill

36h back rim post #11
Im 190lbs, 6ft and ride street.park.trails. Havnt done up trails on the new 36h rims but for what ive been riding.. they hold up well. I built my rear wheel myself and after 2 months it needed alil true but nothing major. Holding up very well for my first wheel build.

New Topics