30-11 gearing?

• Discuss 30-11 gearing? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So i want to get a 30-11 gear ratio, but i have my brakes mounted on the bottom near my chain stay, will that effect by hitting it? ...
P

Plan B

30-11 gearing? post #1
So i want to get a 30-11 gear ratio, but i have my brakes mounted on the bottom near my chain stay, will that effect by hitting it?

R

rocket

30-11 gearing? post #2
Most likely it will. the only way you might get away with it not hitting is getting a set of Diatech Fiesta brakes. it depends a little on the frame you have too. Chances are you will have to get a frame with seat stay brake mounts. i myself have 30-11.

T

TuNichtGut

30-11 gearing? post #3
i ride 30/12
i think it would hit my brake but i havent one :roll:
and my brakemounts are also "away" :lol:

P

Plan B

30-11 gearing? post #4
Whats the Smallest gearing i should go without hitting my brakes then?

I

infantry43RIDER

30-11 gearing? post #5
usually the smallest companies recommend to go would be a 36t sprocket...so like 36-13 or whatever.

R

rocket

30-11 gearing? post #6
infantry43RIDER said:
usually the smallest companies recommend to go would be a 36t sprocket...so like 36-13 or whatever.
Yep, this is true. but even with 36-12 you may still have a problem with the chain hiting depending on what brakes you have. from what ive read the Fiesta brakes were mainly made for a 36-13 and not for a 30-11. in my opion though a 30-11 is the most perfect gear ratio ever. the feel of it and the weight saving is more than i could ask for. i strongly recommend it.

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

30-11 gearing? post #7
icerocket said:
infantry43RIDER said:
Yep, this is true. but even with 36-12 you may still have a problem with the chain hiting depending on what brakes you have. from what ive read the Fiesta brakes were mainly made for a 36-13 and not for a 30-11. in my opion though a 30-11 is the most perfect gear ratio ever. the feel of it and the weight saving is more than i could ask for. i strongly recommend it.
if it aint working you have to get a new frame if youre crazy or if you have the money there are special frames with lower chainstays so the brakemounts are lower

M

Mr_Shrapnel

30-11 gearing? post #8
it depends what frame you have.

P

Plan B

30-11 gearing? post #9
my frame is the volume mexican. so after really looking at it, it looks like its going to hit if i go smaller. can i ride a 36 without hitting or would i have to get the fiesta brakes?

R

rocket

30-11 gearing? post #10
Plan B said:
my frame is the volume mexican. so after really looking at it, it looks like its going to hit if i go smaller. can i ride a 36 without hitting or would i have to get the fiesta brakes?
a 36 would probably be fine. if the chain hits, it would be very minimal.

P

Pyro insaine

30-11 gearing? post #11
36 if you want breaks 33if you dont

I

infantry43RIDER

30-11 gearing? post #12
yea you could sqeeze in a little smaller gear ratio if you don't have brakes...but not tooooo much because there will still be the brake mounts...of course i have seen people just file those off...and then they can run as small as they want to...brakeless of course.

New Topics