3 piece crank help

• Discuss 3 piece crank help in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hello. i wanted to get my boyfriend a 3 piece crank for his birthday but i'm not sure what i should get him. i was hoping someone would help me out... ...
  • Tags 180 bmx cranks
S

stefunny

3 piece crank help post #1
hello. i wanted to get my boyfriend a 3 piece crank for his birthday but i'm not sure what i should get him. i was hoping someone would help me out here.
i'm looking in the price range of around $150, a little over or a lot under 150 is fine, as long as it's a good quality crank. i just need a few good options to work with.

the only one i know of is the primo one from the primo website. i've heard it's good, but is there better? something that's light but strong and all that good stuff.

also, the whole size thing, the primo only offers up to 180mm, my boyfriend has an inseam of 34" and a lot of sites say that you should get a 190mm crank
size for that. does it really matter?

any help would be wonderful. thank you!

F

federal_rider12

3 piece crank help post #2
ok first off he probably wouldnt ride a 190mm crank that is very long and the longest he would ride a 180mm and the shortest 175mm. now there are lots of cranks under $150 that are superb.

RNC Aluminum(pic wont come up!)
Demolition Chromoly or Aluminum
Snafu 4130
Odyssey 41 Thermal
DK Chop Stix134.99

i took the prices from www.danscomp.com there you can find things easily, and i would say either demolition or rnc(im trying to get rnc)

also heres the websites

RNC- www.rncmfg.com
Demolition- www.demolitionparts.com
Snafu- www.snafubmx.com
Odyssey- www.odysseybmx.com
DK- www.dkbicycles.com

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

3 piece crank help post #3
the indystry one looks great too
and it come with either american or euro botom bracket it is fairly light and only 109.99 at dans

S

sandmriderbmx

3 piece crank help post #4
i have the industry rocker and i dont really like it, i would say go with the snafu thirteen, unless u dont wanna spend tht much, then the poverty p.o.w

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

3 piece crank help post #5
how about the stroker one i thought of getting it
but i am not sure now

S

sandmriderbmx

3 piece crank help post #6
i dunno, it looks the same as the rocker, its prob better though

I

infantry43RIDER

3 piece crank help post #7
they are much different.
the Rocker is the low class industry crank...basically for those riders who have no mon mon and just want to have a 3pc set up on their rides.
the Stroker however is a real decent crankset.

S

sandmriderbmx

3 piece crank help post #8
is it, i just got the rocker so i could have sum cranks while i save up to get the snafus i wanted

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

3 piece crank help post #9
I think you should just give ur boyfriend the $150 and let him decide.
That way if he buys a bad 1 u wont be blamed :D

F

federal_rider12

3 piece crank help post #10
Canadian_BMX said:
I think you should just give ur boyfriend the $150 and let him decide.
That way if he buys a bad 1 u wont be blamed :D
hahaha good point, a bad set of cranks can really mess up a relationship :lol: hahaha but yeah that could be a possibility so he gets what he wants, unless it the whole surprise present thing your trying to go for

New Topics