3/8 yo

• Discuss 3/8 yo in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im prolly gonna run a 3/8 fork with flushed axle bolts when i ride pegless wich is almost always now, and then 14mm fork and front wheel for grinding... ...
H

HaroStreet

3/8 yo post #1
im prolly gonna run a 3/8 fork with flushed axle bolts when i ride pegless wich is almost always now, and then 14mm fork and front wheel for grinding, will the 3/8 hold up strong to pegless street im not super smooth but not super sketch.

Ride Stoned

Ride Stoned

3/8 yo post #2
sure why wouldnt it

G

gtbmx0222

3/8 yo post #3
yes.
no doubt i huck my bike hard and mine is in perfect shape.
ive actually thrown it WITH the peg on there against a rail hard as i could and it didnt even move. youll be fine.

T

Tricky_ab

3/8 yo post #4
I've only used a 3/8 axle...no problems here

xnhtomx

xnhtomx

3/8 yo post #5
alot of people run pegs on 3/8 axles with out problems. why do you need to switch forks and wheels?

Levimoody

Levimoody

3/8 yo post #6
I run a 3/8th rear for now on my shtter and it is doing fine i grind.....

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

3/8 yo post #7
i use a 3/8 on the front, have done for the past 8 months, i haven't bent the axle on smiths, now im pegless it won't even matter. So don't worry to much.

azman

azman

3/8 yo post #8
Hmm i admittedly have bent my front 3/8 wheel but it was a pretty crap wheel

Minitrix

Minitrix

3/8 yo post #9
You can get slotted axles for your 14mm so you don't have to switch out forks.

vinniesac

vinniesac

3/8 yo post #10
3/8 has been around 4 ever dude i rock a 14 mm but never used to and never had a prob with 3/8 its mainly important to have a 14 mm axle while grinding i dont know why you would want to switch forks back and forth i would drill the 3/8 forks out to fit 14mm axle if you like those forks better why make more work for yourself

Wildbill

Wildbill

3/8 yo post #11
I only use 3/8 up front for the past 7 years ive been riding street(with pegs). I now have a Gsport marmoset which is holding up to my peg well, it also is very flush and a really strong axle design(20mm 3piece axle).

ozzy

ozzy

3/8 yo post #12
yup it will be fine. but i did have a friend that snapped his front when in 3 places and he rides flatland. i have no idea how he managed that.
pegless for life.

B

Biking2112

3/8 yo post #13
I've run a race hub in front pegless for almost a year, and I'm not smooth at all. nothing wrong with it yet.

New Topics