3/8" front for street

• Discuss 3/8" front for street in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm thinkin of buyin mutiny black ball hubs, with a 3/8" front axle. I've always used 14mm, so I've never had any probs with bending axles. I've heard... ...
  • Tags street
S

StandardOX

3/8" front for street post #1
I'm thinkin of buyin mutiny black ball hubs, with a 3/8" front axle. I've always used 14mm, so I've never had any probs with bending axles. I've heard about the kink heat treated 3/8 axle being nearly as strong as 14mm. Does anybody have experience with 3/8 axle on street?

S

sentaafEQpovar

3/8" front for street post #2
yeah, i bent the shit out of em :/

S

StandardOX

3/8" front for street post #3
I'm gonna have 14mm in the back, but I wuz thinking about using 3/8" in the front for lighter weight, like most of the Terrible One team does.

I

infantry43RIDER

3/8" front for street post #4
tons of riders ride 3/8 fronts.

T

Tucker

3/8" front for street post #5
I have 3/8 mutiny black ball on the front and they work a treat. Im more of a trails rider but still ride just as much park and street due to sh*ty winter weather and the hubs are fine, mind you i dont run pegs too often but either way if you do bend your axl its easy and cheap to replace... :lol:

E

EasternBMX

3/8" front for street post #6
I bent my 3/8 front but that was when i was learning how to double peg
So if you can grand smooth then you should not a have a problem

S

StandardOX

3/8" front for street post #7
Then, I guess I have no problems. The only thing I'm worried about is bending them on smiths and toothpicks, but I heard from a freind that kink's heat treated 3/8 is nearly the strength of a 14mm. Thanx.

New Topics