28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question

• Discuss 28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just got a 28-10 gear ration and I'm getting all sorts of clunking etc as if things are in a bind. wondering if I NEED a half link chain at this... ...
trickdaddy69

trickdaddy69

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #1
I just got a 28-10 gear ration and I'm getting all sorts of clunking etc as if things are in a bind. wondering if I NEED a half link chain at this ratio or if my standard chain is still gonna work (and something else is wrong).

E RaK

E RaK

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #2
Your chain may be too tight or your cassette could be slipping

trickdaddy69

trickdaddy69

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #3
I just put a new cassette on. hmmm

Lemontime

Lemontime

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #4
Make sure everything is greased and your chain isn't too tight.

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #5
If you just put on a new cassette, you should also put on a new chain. Chains and cassettes wear together, so when you put on a new cassette, it takes a while for the chain to adjust and it wears out the cassette quicker. It's sort of like a bullet that's fired from a gun. It has microscopic wear marks from the barrel. You don't have to put on a new chain, but it's a good idea to.

Ride Stoned

Ride Stoned

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #6
i got 28/10 with a normal chain and its fine, no need for a halflink chain.

although this does sound like a chain issue. either its to tight or maybe you have a stiff link or two.

trickdaddy69

trickdaddy69

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #7
hmm. I just got a new chain like 3 weeks ago. this makes no sense! even when the chain is super loose its still doing the same thing as when its at its ideal chain tension.

M

Mountain_goat

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #8
what chain would you be running?

R

ridefly

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #9
if your sprocket is bent even the slightest it can cause the chian to pop, mine is doing this

T

tsi

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #10
bmx1986

bmx1986

28-10 gear ratio.CHAIN question post #11
Honestly it just needs to wear in. Someone above also mentioned this. If you have any new drivetrain component or all, they all won't fit each other perfectly. They need time to wear in to each other. It's absoloutley nothing to worry about. I know what i'm talking about. Everything will settle down in a couple of weeks.

New Topics