24 or 25tooth sprocket on regular cranks?

• Discuss 24 or 25tooth sprocket on regular cranks? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm pretty sure that 25 fits on regular cranks, and anything below is only on the ones with the extra hole (fro the sprocket locator bolt)? But i've... ...
W

WHBmx

24 or 25tooth sprocket on regular cranks? post #1
I'm pretty sure that 25 fits on regular cranks, and anything below is only on the ones with the extra hole (fro the sprocket locator bolt)?
But i've been told that it's 28 that's the smallest

Can someone confirm this?
oh and what about 24 on regular cranks

this is what i mean

NORMAL sprocket locator

with the extra one

G

grafittijunkie

24 or 25tooth sprocket on regular cranks? post #2
all 25t sprockets will fit on the regular cranks. 24t will fit on regular cranks too. There are a lot of 22t sprockets that are designed to work with both the cranks with the regular hole and the cranks with the extra hole.

G

gtbmx0222

24 or 25tooth sprocket on regular cranks? post #3
you can go down to 22t on regular cranks, but on lower than 25t i suggest that you use a mechanik pinhead or something similar (http://www.danscomp.com/457002.php?cat=PARTS) to keep the chain from riding on top of the sprocket bolt, causing a tight spot in your drivetrain, which is not only vastly irritating, it also is bad for your driver bearings.

F

frightmare

24 or 25tooth sprocket on regular cranks? post #4
just grind the bolt, thats what i did with my wombolts and 22t animal lite. works fine.

New Topics