24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street?

• Discuss 24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey im getting a new bike... i need some input on the cruisers, im thinkin of getting a eastern traildigger 24.. what do you guys think... how are they... ...
Alarock

Alarock

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #1
hey im getting a new bike... i need some input on the cruisers, im thinkin of getting a eastern traildigger 24.. what do you guys think... how are they for dirt jumping and some street

L

LordBanks

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #2
Street?

No grinds mind.

Alarock

Alarock

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #3
yeah i just like to do flatground pedal flips, bar spins, 180, 360 ect... and plenty of dirt jumps, no grinds really

L

LordBanks

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #4
to be honest, i'd get a commencal max max.

Not really a cruiser as such, but a top bike.

7 Broken Bottles

7 Broken Bottles

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #5
I have seen 24s doing street, it looks odd but everything you can do on a normal bmx, you can do on them... just need things to be higher.

I haven't much about any 24s though, sorry. It seems like the Traildigger wouldn't be that bad.

H

Hermes

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #6
look in to the new sunday one

Alarock

Alarock

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #8
yeah thoes are cool but im really tight on money so i have to get a cheaper one... i had a Eastern Slash 7" coil but it got jacked... had that for a month then it was gone... so im looking for a new bike

newrider3

newrider3

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #10
DK General Lee 24. Good bike for the money, full chromoly construction. They also have a different 24 for the '09 lineup, but I don't know anything about it.

M

milkdud103032

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #11
I would get a traildigger.

those frames on em are solid.

newrider3

newrider3

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #12
Not really, only the top and down tubes are chromoly on the Traildigger.

M

MATRIX

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #13
Dirt and a 24"...works fine, just takes a bit more pump in tight trail sections.

brianthomas

brianthomas

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #14
I would stay away from the trail digger. I was in you place a few months ago. Eastern was big when I was young so I test road the trail digger. I simply hated it. I found the geometry on that bike to be one of the worst I have ever ridden. I think someone else here commented on the materials used for the trail digger; I agree, not the best. I ended up getting the Shadow Cruiser and I love it. There were not too many 24" choices when I was looking. The new dan's comp mag came in the mail the other day, and I was amazed at all the cruisers being produced now. The Fit does look nice. I still don't think I would trade my Shadow for it though, but if I was in the market now, it would be a tough choice.

I just talked my friend into getting a Subrosa cruiser. I think Subrosa may be in your price range, and they make very nice bikes. Check them out. Just try to ride a few cruisers and see what feels comfortable to you.

For the "Dirt? Street?" Anything that is not aluminum will do you fine. But, I used to ride dirt on aluminum and I was fine. I just don't like the feel of aluminum. Steel(chromo) is a much smoother ride.

street meat

street meat

24 inch cruisers? Dirt? Street? post #15
my mate rides 24" street hes got an ns with rebate forks, rest are bmx bits

New Topics