21" TT for a 5 4"?

• Discuss 21" TT for a 5 4"? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just got a 21" TT Fit frame for a decent price, it was too good to miss so i just bought it.. never payed attention to the size of the top tube... ...
A

aznnoodleboi51

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #1
I just got a 21" TT Fit frame for a decent price, it was too good to miss so i just bought it..

never payed attention to the size of the top tube and is there a significant difference if i ride a 21" bike from what I am suppose to ride?? like a 20 or under?

Mathias

Mathias

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #2
Well it all depends on what you are comfortable with. I would say that the frame is to big for you, but if you like how it rides and you can ride well with it then keep it.

M

metalfattch

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #3
yea. i would say that frame is to big for you. but you might also like the feeling of longer top tube. alot of guys who ride dirt like longer top tubes.

AcEoFsPaDeS

AcEoFsPaDeS

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #4
im like 5'10" and a 21 is perfect for me. id say thats too big for you

C

Charles

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #5
I just got a 21" TT Fit frame for a decent price, it was too good to miss so i just bought it..

never payed attention to the size of the top tube and is there a significant difference if i ride a 21" bike from what I am suppose to ride?? like a 20 or under?
If you got it for a decent price then good, put it together and if you like it, ride it.. If not, try to trade it for a shorter frame... Really.. A half inch isn't a lot.

AcEoFsPaDeS

AcEoFsPaDeS

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #6
actually on a bike frame a half inch is really a lot. a quarter inch is alot. i rode a 20.5 and it was too small and i knew it. when i got my 20.75 i could feel the length and liked it because i wasnt AS cramped. when i got my 21 it felt even bigger and i love it.

C

Charles

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #7
I went from a 20.75" GT to a 20" Haro and I don't really feel a difference.
I know it's to small for me for I am tall, but the 20.75 felt small to, the haro doesn't feel any smaller however, my next frame will be a 21.5".
Geometry can play a roll it how big the frame feels too.
But yeah, I won't deny that length of top tube makes a difference, it does, but I'm just saying the 21" might suit him, it's a bit long but maybe he will like it, if it's not comfortable then trade it.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaz Markley

Chaz Markley

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #8
might be a little big on you im 5' 4" and i ride 20.75

B

band aid

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #9
i'm perfect on my 20.6 being 5' 7"

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #10
21 would be fine, beacause ull get used to it, however, if u simply want more space for turndowns or just more space look for a frame with a seattube of 69 or 70 degrees. The frame will be easier to control and ull still have the length of a 21 inch tt.

look at the solid AA

TrikeKid

TrikeKid

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #11
Preferance holds more bearing than sizing guidlines. Depending on what you like and how you ride, you may love a long frame, or you could hate it. I noticed back end length more than anything when I switched frames, going from say, my old RL440 beater to my Volume, the back ends are about an inch different, I can easily loop a manual on the Volume but I can barely get one going on the RL.

T

Tricky_ab

21" TT for a 5 4"? post #12
What...okay...that bike is going to be too big for you...unless you ride trails, its going to be an odd feeling airing out of anything and spinning...

New Topics