21.5" Frame Anyone?

• Discuss 21.5" Frame Anyone? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm 6'1" with long arms and I ride a 20.5" frame. Needless to say it's Horrible! I bash my knees and manuals make me feel like I have gorilla arms... ...
S2-Raw

S2-Raw

21.5" Frame Anyone? post #1
I'm 6'1" with long arms and I ride a 20.5" frame. Needless to say it's Horrible! I bash my knees and manuals make me feel like I have gorilla arms. However my 360's are beautiful and I love spins. But I'm thinking about going with a 21.5 Top Tube.

Everyone keeps telling me to go with a 21" However there is a really good deal on a 21.5 right now and I don't wanna miss the sale. Besides that, I doubt another .5 inch will really help me if I go with the 21". So I'm really considering this 21.5" frame.

I ride street/park never dirt. I love to manual and 360. I can not ride without doing those two tricks.

How will a 21.5 frame effect a 6'1" rider? I know this a question only I can answer but maybe there are others out there with a 21.5 frame that can tell me, "no way it will ruin the way 3's feel" or "No way it will make manual impossible" etc...

If there is anyone who is 6' or 6'1" with 21.5" frame please let me know the pros and cons you noticed when you first got it.

I'm just worried the 21.5 will feel too long and It will take me 6 months just to be able to manual and 360 the way I used to.

Ryanridesbmx

Ryanridesbmx

21.5" Frame Anyone? post #2
i am 6' and ride a 21'' and it already feels to big.but on the other hand i have a friend who is about 2 or 3'' shorter than me and just bought a 21.3 and loves it.so its all in the person i guess.but if ur lookin for a sale seshin is sellin there left over frames any size $100. hope that helps.

mad082

mad082

21.5" Frame Anyone? post #3
a guy that used to work for me had a 22" race bmx and he was about 6" or just under. didn't bother him. i found it a touch long and i am 6"3. i was running a 21" and found it a good length. i previously had a 20.5" and found it too short.

a lot of it comes down to how you angle your bars as well. you can always angle your bars back just a fraction to make it that bit shorter if you find it too long.

BMXican406

BMXican406

21.5" Frame Anyone? post #4
im 6'1" and ride a 22" tt on my race bike and a 20.8 street frame. the 20.8 rides alot like a 21. i feel good on it but i do hit my knees sometimes. i think the 21.5" might be pretty good for you.

OutlawsMC

OutlawsMC

21.5" Frame Anyone? post #5
try a 20.75 its perfect im 5"7 my buddy is 6"0 he rides a 21.0 but he rather ride a 20.75 you dont want a frame to small or to big 20.75 is perect for streets park trails 20.5 is reccomended for like just beginners who just want to se whats it like but once you get the hang of it i reccommend 20.75 just get a longer stem like 65mm or 55mm they got them check out danscomp.com

New Topics