2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts?

H

Highbinder

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #1
Hey guys, haven't been on these forum for an aaage :wink: Anyway, my old bike was stolen (was a 2002 Huffy M-80, god I loved that bike) and the insurance company has given me the choice of a brand new 2003 Huffy M-80, one of two sh*tty bikes (tigercat and something else -cat, they look pants) or £150 which will get me bugger all as I have no cash of my own to supplement it.

So atm I'm thinking I'm going to take the new Huffy, although it only comes in black (I want a red bike dammit! Like my old one! Tribute to my stolen bike *heart swells with pride*) but I was wondering what you lot, the esteemed wonderful BMX-riders here on the forums think of the new M-80 before I make my descision.

I've heard from a good mate (who is very good on BMX btw, he knows his sh*t and has his own custom rig) that its really good, as its quite a bit lighter than the 2002 model because of the reduction from over-sized tubes to normal sized ones.

What do you lot think? Think I should get it, or try and work out a deal with the Insurance company to get a full £300 in cash? I was looking at the Wethepeople Daredevil, and the Stolen Henry (*drool*, don't have enough money for that though!)

Ack! I hope I can get the Daredevil, I rrrreally want a red bike (even though my BMX/moto-X buddy has the stuff to paint the bits, as he paints his motorbike frames)

So, opinions on the M-80? :)

A

Anonymous

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #2
try and get the 300 in cash from the insurance company and buy a better bike.

H

Highbinder

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #3
Well _obviously_ thats prefered, and luckily it seems that I might just be able to do that. But if I cannot, then I may well be stuck with the M-80 and I want to know what its like...

A

Anonymous

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #4
go on a search engin and find a site with all the specs or go to the huffy site. only u will know if u r going to like it or not.

H

Highbinder

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #5
Is this forum totally feckless? OMG! I'm serious! I know the specs, they're almost identicle to my old M-80! Damn... What I want is personal opinions on the bike, from actual BMXers. Is that so hard?

And while I'm here, any of you seen the Huffy C-4? Phoaw...

A

Anonymous

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #6
well then like i said before only u will know if u will like it. and what do u mean by from actual bmxers. i ride bmx probably harder than u do. and why would a good bmxer buy a complete bike anyways wouldnt they rather save up and buy all quality parts instead of the #### parts that they put on complete bikes for morons like u. i sure as hell would rather buy all the parts seprate and build the bike myself cuz i dont trust very many other people with fixing my bike.

H

Highbinder

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #7
Look jackass, I might not be very good at BMX, but I'm clever enough to realise that BMX magazine/company reviews on bikes have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I want to know from BMXers with no ties to anyone (so they give their true opinion, what they really think) what they think of the bike in question, if they've read it.

And I don't have enough money to buy individual parts. Three of my mates have done it, and they racked up quite a large bill, more than one I'm prepared to pay.

So just help me, or don't bother posting.

Thank you.

G

generaldirt

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #8
i found a m-80 in the ditch the other day but its all rusted

L

lance_dm111

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #9
post up a picture of the rusted thing i wanna see it

L

lance_dm111

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #11
lol jokes

G

generaldirt

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #12
i have all ready repainted it and got almost all the rust off the bolts

F

fairtrade

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #13
What the ****? Why resurrect a post about a shitty complete bike?

ZachS

ZachS

2003 Huffy M-80, thoughts? post #14
generaldirt said:
i found a m-80 in the ditch the other day but its all rusted
i bet its highbinder's, and hes probabily dead in the bushes right next to it

New Topics