2- questions

T

Trimix

2- questions post #1
OK - I will admit it as a virgin poster here, I am having more trouble interfacing with this forum software than progressing on my bike!! :) I made a couple of posts, but never saw them show up, oh well.

Couple of questions:
1) How high is HIGH in terms of a bunnyhop? 18"? 24"? I know this basic move is critical foundation for other things, but how high do I try for? I can do 24" now....

2) I need help removing chain links properly, and aligning the front sprocket (chainwheel), with the back cog (cassette)

Can anyone help?

Trimix

T

Trimix

2- questions post #2
Answered my own question

OK - figured out for myself how to remove/replace chain links, EASY....just gotta have the right tool, and simple. I got the sprockets aligned also.....so no help needed here.

Still wondering what is HIGH for a bunny hop. If I can lift the bike of the ground in slow roll, 24" (I have a bar I have been practicing on) is that enough, or would it be beneficial to try and obtain 30"? I just want to hear from the more experienced riders, on how they think bunnyhop height plays into other tricks down the road.

Thanks!

James

S

sr71racer

2- questions post #3
i think 24" is good enough for alot of shit that youll be doing, but it never hurts to try to go higher

E

EasternBMX

2- questions post #4
yeah 24' is good i can get about 30' at the most and i'm happy

C

Colorblinded

2- questions post #5
I was wondering how high, high actually is :p I can get somewhere around 3 feet, is that good?

X

XIII

2- questions post #6
i can only get like 12"...lol

G

2- questions post #7
i can get about 48'
its not strength its technique
okay and strength
you just have to get your body into the right position to jump high by pulling up on the bars.

T

Trimix

2- questions post #8
I have been working on that since my last post, 30" is hard still....althought I nailed it once. When the hop is right, you can feel it, just like a lot of other tricks. The right combination of speed and technique seems to be more where the secret lay, and it appears the height at which you initially yank the bars up to determines the final height of the back wheel. Just my opinion, which has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experiences :) -James

C

casperh

2- questions post #9
what is your height now

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I

infantry43RIDER

2- questions post #10
wow this is quite the old post.

New Topics