2.25 on the back?

• Discuss 2.25 on the back? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; anyone run a 2.25 tyre on the back? i have an 07 sunday frame, i know the 08's will handle 2.25's but does anyone know if the 07's can? buying... ...
donno91

donno91

2.25 on the back? post #1
anyone run a 2.25 tyre on the back?

i have an 07 sunday frame, i know the 08's will handle 2.25's but does anyone know if the 07's can?

buying shadow undertaker aramid bead tyres but i've never liked a 1.95 on the back and they only do two sizes so if anyone has or does run one please lket me know how much cleaence you've got

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

2.25 on the back? post #2
I think they are able to run 2.25's.

G

grafittijunkie

2.25 on the back? post #3
I think you can but maybe you'll have only like 1/2mm of space between each side so you need to know how to true rims good.

donno91

donno91

2.25 on the back? post #4
damn i hate truing wheels

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

2.25 on the back? post #5
why!? honestly, why? riders have used a narrower tire in the back for years for good reason.

apparently it's trendy to make your bike look and feel like a monster truck now? stick to a narrow tire in the back, it will make your bike more nimble.

donno91

donno91

2.25 on the back? post #6
i'd much prefere 2.25 front 2.1 back but they dont make one :(

F

fitaitken1

2.25 on the back? post #7
Your bike will look like a monster truck!

A

AJIorio

2.25 on the back? post #8
why!? honestly, why? riders have used a narrower tire in the back for years for good reason.

apparently it's trendy to make your bike look and feel like a monster truck now? stick to a narrow tire in the back, it will make your bike more nimble.

Because they are wider, your momentum is more spread out, and more of the impact is absorbed by the ground.
Which means less of the impact is absorbed by you and your bike.

Bigger tires in the back = softer landings= helps preserve your wrists and wheel.

That being said, I still prefer 1.8-1.95 in the back haha.

R

Ride For Pain

2.25 on the back? post #9

2.25 aitkins on a sunday 07, off bikguide

G

grafittijunkie

2.25 on the back? post #10
dayummmm that bike is perfect.

Q

Quen

2.25 on the back? post #11
Because they are wider, your momentum is more spread out, and more of the impact is absorbed by the ground.
Which means less of the impact is absorbed by you and your bike.

Bigger tires in the back = softer landings= helps preserve your wrists and wheel.

That being said, I still prefer 1.8-1.95 in the back haha.
what? tires don't take that much of the impact. landing with your knees instead of your wrists will help your wrists...

there isn't any point in having that wide of a rear tire unless you're riding on loose dirt.

A

AJIorio

2.25 on the back? post #12
what? tires don't take that much of the impact. landing with your knees instead of your wrists will help your wrists...

there isn't any point in having that wide of a rear tire unless you're riding on loose dirt.
It's a noticeable difference, bu at the same time not very big. I messed around with it for a week or so. I'd still take a skinny in the back.

Satay

Satay

2.25 on the back? post #13
i ride a 2.25 in the back, works just fine for me. and it looks mega cool when your bike looks like a monster truck

New Topics