1piece or 3piece

• Discuss 1piece or 3piece in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; here are pictures of my cranks: could someone who knows please tell me if they are a one piece or three piece... ...
  • Tags bike cranks parts
J

jmanw182

1piece or 3piece post #1
here are pictures of my cranks:
could someone who knows please tell me if they are a one piece or three piece

RuLe

RuLe

1piece or 3piece post #2
1 piece

you can pretty much tell if its 1 piece or 3 by the amount of money u spent and the brand of the bike. and what name of the cranks are

F

federal_rider12

1piece or 3piece post #3
1 piece

3 piece is compiled of 3 parts, 2 crank arms and a spindle the crank arms are attached to the spindle by a bolt and some 1 or 2 pinch bolts that clamp the arm to the spindle while others have 48 splines that dont use pinch bolts because they are attached very tightly and the spindle bolts hold it in place

F

federal_rider12

1piece or 3piece post #4
RuLe said:
1 piece

you can pretty much tell if its 1 piece or 3 by the amount of money u spent and the brand of the bike. and what name of the cranks are
you can tell by how many parts it has that makes it up not by money nore brand, poverty makes 1 and 3 piece so does gt redline diamondback and countless others

I

infantry43RIDER

1piece or 3piece post #5
hell...odyssey has a one piece crank.

RuLe

RuLe

1piece or 3piece post #6
well yea but it seems liek this guy didnt no how to tell a 3 piece from a 1 piece and liek us, all we do is look at it and no if it is or not by the bolts on each crank arm but i was just trying to give him ideas to look at when u cant tell if its 1 piece or 3

L

leon_luxton

1piece or 3piece post #7
KHE,ares,hoffman and many other good bike companys make 1pc cranks :roll:

RuLe

RuLe

1piece or 3piece post #8
yea but thats not the only way to check. u can check by where u got your bike (walmart or a real bike place) the price of the bike (if below like 150 around their) what brand the actually bike is, And the brand of the cranks

You cant always tell by some of this stuff but sometimes u can. if the cranks say like kjhfddsjl you no the brand sucks. if it says odyssey then check if it has bolts on each end. if you still dotn no ask someone at a real bike place

C

casperh

1piece or 3piece post #9
yeah cause we suck!

I

infantry43RIDER

1piece or 3piece post #10
actually RuLe...there are a lot of walmart bikes that have a 3 piece crank set.

C

casperh

1piece or 3piece post #11
and some suck most i should add :lol: ...

T

Trimix

1piece or 3piece post #12
infantry43RIDER said:
actually RuLe...there are a lot of walmart bikes that have a 3 piece crank set.
I agree with you, AND I have also seen $300 bikes with one piece cranks. This is an awfully long thread for something that is easy to just LOOK at and tell!!

I

infantry43RIDER

1piece or 3piece post #13
yes it is.

but the 300 dollar bikes without 3 piece cranks...like the fit complete (old version) have a lot of great parts on there....and seriously...you can get 3 piece cranks for like 100 or less.

F

federal_rider12

1piece or 3piece post #14
like fsa nasty boy thats a nice crank for cheap!!!! but ive seen bikes that are like $900 with 1 piece cranks but they are low riders haha those things are so weird all that twisted metal

D

Devourment 138

1piece or 3piece post #15
federal_rider12 said:
like fsa nasty boy thats a nice crank for cheap!!!! but ive seen bikes that are like $900 with 1 piece cranks but they are low riders haha those things are so weird all that twisted metal

F

federal_rider12

1piece or 3piece post #16
if i actually wanted to i could find the low riders im talking about but i bet you have seen them

E

EPMD

1piece or 3piece post #17
Devourment 138 said:
federal_rider12 said:
if anyone remembers.. i posted that pic a long time ago :D

M

MetalBikez

1piece or 3piece post #18
haha, a good caption for that picture would be "cause' Im a mother****** P-I-M-P" :lol:

New Topics