180 flat

• Discuss 180 flat in the Reviews, Howtos & Tech-Articles forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok ok so im trying to learn a 180 flat and i cant get my bike to spin more than a 90 flat any tips on to improve my turn and .. would i have to fakie... ...
pEdAlHeAd

pEdAlHeAd

180 flat post #1
ok ok so im trying to learn a 180 flat and i cant get my bike to spin more than a 90 flat any tips on to improve my turn and .. would i have to fakie after the 180 because i cant do fakies.. thanks:D

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

180 flat post #2
ok ok so im trying to learn a 180 flat and i cant get my bike to spin more than a 90 flat any tips on to improve my turn and .. would i have to fakie after the 180 because i cant do fakies.. thanks:D
well first YES if you 180 on flat your going to land backwards so therefore your gonna have to fakie.. they dont need to be miles long at first just enough so you can get back round.

\/ \/ \/ AND CHECK THIS LINK FOR SOME GOOD TIPS \/ \/ \/
http://www.bmx-forum.com/showthread.php?t=93501

pEdAlHeAd

pEdAlHeAd

180 flat post #3
i just cant seem to role bake without me putting my feet on the floor because my bike tilts to one side
:eek:

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

180 flat post #4
i just cant seem to role bake without me putting my feet on the floor because my bike tilts to one side
:eek:
try and keep your weight balanced . stay over the center of your bike

X

XboxKid

180 flat post #5
Balance is the key:) lol

dsboy

dsboy

180 flat post #6
practice riding backwards and reverting before the 180 so you can land it when you finally do it :)

pEdAlHeAd

pEdAlHeAd

180 flat post #7
coool thanks for the help ill try it out when its not rainig:x

manualking

manualking

180 flat post #8
Im learning them right now my first problem was i wasnt pulling my bar high enough now all i need to do is learn how to rollback fakie.

C

cody david

180 flat post #10
spin fast bro keep your head turning with you it helps..try a hard 180 of a curb it was easier to learn for me.

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

180 flat post #11
Okay, I've been doing these for 25 years, so I know how to get you there! Unfortunately, after 25 years of riding, it's the only trick I can do. :lol:

Anyway, the biggest mistake I see is kids trying to carve too much. It's like they carve for 90 degrees, then rotate for 90 degrees. What you need to do is keep the bike as straight as you can. It's actually easier that way. Just bunny hop, and whip it around. You are only going 180, so you don't really need to snap your head around like you do for a 360. Just hop and turn your upper body and hips.

As far as the fakie goes, I actually learned this part first. I had a quarter in my driveway growing up, so I would spend hours doing fakies on it then rolling down the driveway and down the street. It took me a couple of weeks to go however long I wanted. You could just sit on your bike and push yourself backwards. Keep your feet off the pedals at first, then put them on. Staying centered on your bike helps, but it's not the key thing. The trick is this, when you start to lean to one side, turn your bars the opposite direction. This will quickly put the front wheel back under you and pop the bike so it's not leaning anymore. You'll do it too fast at first and your bike will lean to the other side and you'll fall. Eventually, you'll do it just enough to keep your balance. After a few weeks, you won't even think about it. It will be second nature. When you get better, you can stand on your pedals. It's a bit more difficult to pedal backwards that way, but it's not that hard.

Good luck.

H

Hermes

180 flat post #12
hop higher therfore giving you more balence on the way down

kevinwewe

kevinwewe

180 flat post #13
im still trying to do it flat but i can do it off a box jump now its alot easier. and for fakie just remember to keep your weight over your bike because if you lean then youll never land it
GOOD LUCKK :D

X

XboxKid

180 flat post #14
Yeah try it off a bank its easier.

Levimoody

Levimoody

180 flat post #15
nice first post david

Well can you 180 on a bank or small jump? If not then i would keep practicing that untill you have that down pat, then work on smaller and smaller jumps until your 180ing off of sidewalk cracks... lol. Good luck and as for fakies just practice overall bike control and they will get easier.

pEdAlHeAd

pEdAlHeAd

180 flat post #16
cool thanks for help.:)

Levimoody

Levimoody

180 flat post #17
Thats why were here!

kevinwewe

kevinwewe

180 flat post #18
i saw a few videos on how to fakie and they say lean but from a person who just learned it its easier to stay over your bike

New Topics