13t freewheel

• Discuss 13t freewheel in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; on its way to the public... [url]http://www.empirebmx.com/catalog/showdetail.aspx?id=1029100&ret=catalog.aspx[/url] ...
O

oibmxpunx

13t freewheel post #2
thats sweet rock on odyssey

I

infantry43RIDER

13t freewheel post #3
yup that is awesome.
i am actually thinking about going from my 30-11 to 36-13 now and getting that instead of having a cassette hub...but it will have to wait until the shit is kicked out of my setup now.
*cough* RuLe *cough*

too many people have the 30-11 i think it gets kind of boring after a while.

X

XIII

13t freewheel post #4
HA... i have 33-13... bet none of you have that...lol ... but i have a cassette which just so happens to be ODYSSEY!

F

federal_rider12

13t freewheel post #5
that thing is tiny i think ill stick to a cassette hub unless i come to find it wears out or breaks easily

O

oibmxpunx

13t freewheel post #6
i dont think any one was 29-11 lol only me that i know of

M

Mr_Shrapnel

13t freewheel post #7
hmm im not conviced, acs made a 13t freewheel, but because they had to make the pawls so damn small, they were constantly breaking. i dont know how odyssey are going to get round that problem. but if they have, thats pretty dope because i really do prefer freewheels to cassettes (even though i run a cassette)

F

federal_rider12

13t freewheel post #8
ok now i have looked at g sport i think that they could make a flip flop hub or just a regular hub that where the freewheel threads onto is so small you could run like a 12t freewheel without making a super tiny freewheel and sacrafice strength since th bearings are inside the hub so i dont get why they or hell no other companies would come up with that and make a 12t freewheel thats like a normal freewheel only small

hey i came up with the idea maybe i should make both or sell my ideas to a company maybe ill try who knows

M

Mr_Shrapnel

13t freewheel post #9
freewheels are a rather different mechanism to cassettes, so cassettes can use super small gearings but, if you make the overall freewheel size small, you will have to make the internal pawls alot smaller, or even take some pawls out (ahhhh que dramatic music), so if you make it too small the pawls will be really weak and will always be breaking.

F

federal_rider12

13t freewheel post #10
thats why i said make the hub with internal bearings and make where the freewheel threads onto a whole bunch smaller, since bearings wont be in the way, so the pawls on the freewheel could be normal size and then a 12t freewheel could be made or even smaller

M

Mr_Shrapnel

13t freewheel post #11
ok i think i see what you mean, but the freewheel wouldnt have anything to really rest against, it would just be a bit of thin aluminium directly on the axle, that seems a little weak to me. but i dont know, i guess you would need a prototype to be able to tell really.

New Topics