1 piece cranks

• Discuss 1 piece cranks in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i understand that 3 piece cranks are better and sturdier...but can someone please explain what kind of shit does one have to do to 1 piece cranks in... ...
  • Tags bike cranks jump
V

VAS123

1 piece cranks post #1
i understand that 3 piece cranks are better and sturdier...but can someone please explain what kind of shit does one have to do to 1 piece cranks in order for them to break? as i'm about to get my first bmx ever....do i really need to worry about that? or should i save a lil money and just go for 1 piece?

E

evanc

1 piece cranks post #2
A bunnyhop.

H

hartattack_199

1 piece cranks post #3
Well........ Yer first bike go ahead with the 1 piece, upgrade later.... My friend broke his one piece, he snapped it right off when he cased a jump, they were real crappy cranks though, but i've never broken any 1 peice. i think they bend easier too eh fellers?

V

VAS123

1 piece cranks post #4
well...my boy got a DB grind with 1 piece cranks and i tried to jump on those and they didnt seem to make any sort of signs of even caring. but i guess i'm only 165. evanc said they would break doing a bunnyhop..maybe he was a smartass...maybe he's 250 lbs.....who knows.....but thanks for a subjective reply hartattack...anyone else?

E

evanc

1 piece cranks post #5
I'm like 160ish. And I was being a smartass. The bottom line is, they suck.

O

oibmxpunx

1 piece cranks post #6
there bad get 3 piece they will last longer

R

Rippin92RS

1 piece cranks post #7
evanc said:
And I was being a smartass.
As usual.... :roll:

They should be fine for your first bike though. Once you get better and start jumping higher, landing harder, etc then go for 3. Good luck!

-Rippin

I

infantry43RIDER

1 piece cranks post #8
hmm.

i would say get them now cause it would be better in the long run.

some of them weigh more anyways.

B

bmxkid

1 piece cranks post #9
i'm the same guy that cant do big bunny hops but snapped haro fusion after 2 months casing a 4 foot double

E

evanc

1 piece cranks post #10
My friend ripped the right crank arm off his Haro SS Oversized cranks riding off a curb. No bunnyhop, just pulled up, let the backweel fall, and Wham!

I

infantry43RIDER

1 piece cranks post #11
wow.
thats why i don't buy haro.

O

oibmxpunx

1 piece cranks post #12
ya haros suck

I

infantry43RIDER

1 piece cranks post #13